Zigbee Dimmer in a scene works OK from Alexa commands but not from Insteon switches controlling the scene

EJones01

The scene does work correctly from Alexa commands through Polisy, its only when the scene is triggered from an Insteon switch it doesnt work correctly. Further investigation is that it does come on, but at the default On Level, not the level set in the scene. (ZWave and Insteon devices work OK in the same scenes, coming on at the scene level set for the device (not the device default level))

Is this a known limitation, bug or??

Edited by EJones01
On 9/26/2024 at 4:12 PM, tazman said:

Have you gone into the scene and selected the Insteon device and set your on levels?

Of course, they work fine if the scene is triggered from Alexa. I also noticed that in the scenes with motion sensors they work fine too and turn the Zigbee device to the set scene level. Its only when the screen is triggered by an Insteon Switch that the level uses the devices default on level and not the scene on level.

When you trigger from Alexa it uses what is setup for the main scene but like I said you need  to pick your controller in the scene and set the desired on level with that controller as shown in my attached picture.Scenesetup.thumb.png.a4f348fef387ff82e576fb8d28c45021.png

I'm not sure I understand. I've been using UD for years, have 20 scenes, 50+ devices. Insteon, ZWave all work OK. Of course I have set the level in the scene....how would it work otherwise. Again, when recalled via either Alexa or a sensor it works correctly, just not from a switch.

You are saying to set the level of the controller, but in your picture you show what looks like a receiver?

Screenshot 2024-09-29 065742.png

Edited by EJones01