Problem linking devices?

kcrossley

I really hope this is not the case, but I read somewhere that in order to link all of my Insteon devices, I have to physically press the button on each device. While that's fine for all of my interior devices, I have four In-LineLincs that are hardwired into my lamppost and three flood lights. All of these are difficult to access.

HouseLinc was able to find these devices. Why can't the ISY-26? Please tell me I'm doing something wrong and won't have to break out my ladder and tool belt.

Thanks,

Kelly

Hello Kelly,

You do not have to break out your ladder and tool belt!

You have two options:

1. When you link a device, choose one that is already linked to most devices in your house, and then choose the 3rd option: Add devices found in link and keep existing links. This will crawl your network and find all the devices linked in your device

2. You can use the [greenish] light bulb button or Link Management->Add new Insteon device to add your devices using their address

I do not recommend option 1 simply because you may have a lot of 1/2 links in there which may cause problems.

In all cases, please do be kind enough to send an email to tech@universal-devices.com to get our latest beta release (2.5).

With kind regards,

Michel

I really hope this is not the case, but I read somewhere that in order to link all of my Insteon devices, I have to physically press the button on each device. While that's fine for all of my interior devices, I have four In-LineLincs that are hardwired into my lamppost and three flood lights. All of these are difficult to access.

HouseLinc was able to find these devices. Why can't the ISY-26? Please tell me I'm doing something wrong and won't have to break out my ladder and tool belt.

Thanks,

Kelly

Archived