Dual-Band PLM

JCBond

I just noticed that the newer ISY-99i are comming with a Dual-Band PLM. My ISY-99i Pro is a couple of years old and obviously does not have a Dual-Band PLM.

From time to time the ISY-99i has problems communicating to some devices but not all the time.

Would replacing the PLM with one of the new ones help with this situation? What other benefits are there with this replacement? Is there any reason why I should NOT do this replacement?

Any information is appreciated

A Dual Band PLM could improve communication by sending PLM commands out on RF to your other RF coupling devices (Access Points, or other Dual Band device). If the problem causing intermittent communication problems is something generating noise intermittently a Dual Band PLM has less chance of improving the situation. Bottom line is there is no way to tell for sure without actually doing it. Moving to a later PLM revision is generally a good idea.

EDIT: if you do go with a Dual Band PLM you will also need an external power supply to power the ISY as Dual Band PLMs do not provide 12V power as the old PLMs do.

Archived