Scene / Program Setup Help Needed

Rawson819

I have a coffee maker plugged into an ApplianceLinc and I’d like to use one KPL button (“Câ€) to instantly start the coffee and another (“Dâ€) to delay the start of coffee by 20 minutes. Despite turning the switch off on the coffee maker itself once the pot is empty, I also wanted the ApplianceLinc to power off after 30 minutes as an extra layer of precaution and also shut off the relevant KPL button LED.

Initially, I setup the “C†button into a scene (Coffee Now) with the ApplianceLinc and all was well. When I attempted to setup the second scene (Coffee Delay) with the ApplianceLinc and the “D†button using the wait command in the on program; however, it did not wait and powered on instantly. I also tried putting both KPL buttons into one scene (as controllers), but that didn''t work either.

Is what I’m trying to do possible? The challenge of figuring this out on my own has passed and I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks!

Joe

The Scene where button D is the controller and the AppliaanceLinc is the responder will result in the ApplianceLinc turning On immediately because of the Scene definition. Delete the Scene with button D as the Controller. Define a Program that triggers from button D On and turn the ApplianceLinc On directly after the desired wait, without the use of a Scene.

Archived