Release 2.8.1 Beta is now available

Michel Kohanim

Here's something I noticed about the networking module...

I was setting up a couple of Wake On Lan configurations, and couldn't get it to work. Then I finally realized that the broadcast address still had a .0 subnet as it comes out of the box. (My subnet is 192.168.5.x) So, changing that to a 5 took care of it.

There's probably no need or high demand to automate that value based on the subnet the ISY is on. This is more of just a heads up for those that want to use WOL.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally fixed the Climate reporting issue when I found that I needed to increase the polling interval from 1 second to a minium of 60 seconds. I also changed the location ID from the zipcode to the weather reporting station near this zipcode which was NASJRB Fort Worth. Once I did this, the Climate Module once again was reporting the correct weather data. Thanks the then Universal Devices tech support for your assistance.

Mike Earnhardt

The upgrade installed without a hitch. I was able to link to the morninglinc and have one On device and one Off device in my device list. Neither is controlling the morninglinc. The Morninglinc Insteon unit will control the lock when the set button is pressed and the LED toggles on and off as advertised. Nothing I do with the ISY will either change the LED status or activate the lock.

Otherwise the upgrade is working fine.

Best regards,

Ed

The upgrade installed without a hitch. I was able to link to the morninglinc and have one On device and one Off device in my device list. Neither is controlling the morninglinc. The Morninglinc Insteon unit will control the lock when the set button is pressed and the LED toggles on and off as advertised. Nothing I do with the ISY will either change the LED status or activate the lock.

Otherwise the upgrade is working fine.

Best regards,

Ed

I suspect you used 'Remove existing links' when adding the device.

Currently, if you select 'Remove existing links' it removes all links from the MorningLinc and due to the security measures on the MorningLinc, the PLM can no longer send commands to it.

Try adding it this way:

1. (Optional) Factory reset the MorningLinc

2. Link Management -> Start Linking

3. Select 'Add devices found in links and keep existing links'.

4. Link the MorningLinc

I need to update an isy to the newest firmware version not a beta version. The isy has not been connected to the internet per customer since we installed it about 3-4 yrs ago. not sure which version is on the isy but wanted to update to the most current version. so if i need to update thru versions i need to get the appropriate order to install updates in. any help would be apreciated.

Hi Andy,

The first question is whether or not this is ISY26 or 99 we are talking about.

If they are at 2.7.0 or above, all you have to do is to go to Help | Automatically Upgrade My Lighting. This will install 2.7.15.

If they are on an older firmware, and if this is an ISY26, the best method would be to contact our tech support to walk you through it.

With kind regards,

Michel

• 1 month later...

Hello silverton38,

At the moment, I must conclude that the problem is indeed PLM/device communications related.

Before continuing with the downgrades, would you be kind enough to send an email to support@universal-devices.com and we'll schedule a call to see what's going on with your system.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

With kind regards,

Michel

• 1 month later...
Hello me23,

At the moment, we do not have any plans of supporting EZUIRT for two reasons:

1. Not a lot of demand

2. We do not have one to test with

With kind regards,

Michel

I would like to see EZUIRT support, unless somebody can suggest another way to have IR blasting from any location controlled by INSTEON.

I agree. Support for EZUIRT would be super useful for me too. I actually bought the EZUIRT and ISY-99i expecting them to work together. It's a huge gap for me right now since I still use the EZUIRT as an IR repeater. If I were to donate one, would that help get it supported?