IRLinc Restore

jwf

Hello jwf,

You should be able to as long as there's a link database for your IRLinc device in ISY. Can you go to Tools | Diagnostics | Show Device Link Table and choose your IRLinc? Let me know how many records you see.

With kind regards,

Michel

Is there a way to restore an IRLinc R from the ISY without having to reprogram it from scratch again? I seem to have lost control of all my insteon lights but one from the IRLinc.

I hit the "Compare" button (just because I had no idea what it did) and it showed identical links in the ISY database except for the one link that was being ignored from the IRLinc.

[ignore] 0CF0 : 00 00 00.00.00 00 00 00

Hello jwf,

98 links is good! So, it seems that the IRLinc does indeed have all the necessary link records. The next thing to do is to Restore one of the responders which is supposed to respond to IRLinc. If that works, then it seems that the responders have lost their links to IRLinc and thus you might have to restore those that do not respond.

With kind regards,

Michel

Ok I have tried restoring a responder, restoring the IRlinc and restoring all the links between the responder and the IRlinc scene. Nothing seems to register. Only 1 out of 20 lights work still. Interestingly the first one I linked to the IRlinc.

Also ISY Event viewer doesn't even show any insteon traffic being generated when I try to send the IR command to activate the scene.

I am using a Harmony 1000 with the IR extender. All other IR Commands for the rest of my home theater seem to operating correctly so I don't think it is the Harmony that is failing.

Hello jwf,

Sincere apologies. I was under the impression that the links do not work between your IRLinc and the responders. It seems that the IR database has been wiped out in your IRLinc and thus the reason for all the issues you are experiencing.

Unfortunately, there's no way to restore the IR database (this is the database that manages the IR Codes to group numbers) programmatically. As such - and unfortunately so - you will have to enter all the codes again. To test this, please add another button to your IRLinc and see if you can see any traffic in the Event Viewer.

With kind regards,

Michel

I was afraid of that. I will try readding a button as you suggest. As an aside, would this have been a problem with the IR option for the ISY? In other words, given the same condition would I have to reteach the buttons again?

I guess to that end, if I have to reprogram the buttons, at least using ISY is much better than when I was using HouseLinc2. Since in that case, if I had to relearn the buttons, I would also have recreate all the scenes again as well. At least here, I can just relearn the buttons but all the scenes are still there. So I am liking this separation of scenes from devices approach that you took with ISY now.

Funny though that only 1 of the IRLinc buttons works out of all the ones I added. I would have thought they all would have got wiped out instead of all but one.

Ok here is what happened. I went to program another button. When I did, all the other buttons now started to respond again. So apparently none of the IR programming was lost at all. For some reason, putting the IRLinc into programming mode fixed the problem. But again, it isn't like it was stuck because one the first button I added was still working when all others wouldn't.

I had already tried a reset of the IRLinc before in case it was locked up and it didn't seem to change anything. But for some reason, adding a button to the IRLinc fixed it.

Now is there a way to remove the button I just added? I saw that there is a remove option but I was afraid that would remove the IRLinc instead.

Ok I will try to remove the button. The only thing I can surmise then is that because this is the first IRlinc released then there must be some firmware glitch in the early versions that allow this to happen. In either case, at least when this happens again, I can add this to my troubleshooting regimen to fix the issue.

Archived