Cant access ISY

me23

Have ISY 99i pro with 2.7.15. I couldnt access it at all today. Looked at it and see the mem and error lights blinking in tandom every 5 seconds.

I have scenes that are still responding and working. PLM is 2412S ver 2.9

I powered down both plm and isy and waited like 30 seconds, still doing the same and also took out the sd card and formatted it. Still the same

Is it hosed, anything else to try?

Well it turns out those 2 blinking in tandom means its not connecting to the network. So replaced a cable and its working again. Of course I couldnt find my isy backup anywhere and have to start over since i formatted the card.

Since some of my scenes still work and I presume still in the PLM, no way to get them over to the isy? If I have to redo things, do I need factory default the PLM or the switches? Or can I just re add the devices.

Also not able to access the isy through my lightning, have to use universal-devices.com isy link to get to it.

Thanks for the help guys

You still need to run thru the wiki link for for getting the admin firmware back on your SD card so you don't have to use the website link.

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... an_SD_Card

As for restoring you say you don't have any backup of your system?

I will have to defer to someone that has the knowledge of this process, but I think you may have to first factory reset your PLM and then do a "add devices and keeping links" on your KPLs to get most of your linking back. Because I don't recall if you can pull in the PLM database to the ISY or not.

Hello me23,

I am so very sorry to hear about these problems and I really wished you hadn't formatted the SD Card.

You can always use the 3rd option when adding a device and ISY will keep the links and tries to figure out the scenes and relationships between devices. This process might take a long time but, if you have programmed all your devices using ISY, then the likelihood of recovering everything is much higher. But, you have to be patient during the process.

And, as Mark suggested, you need to reinstall the firmware (using http://www.universal-devices.com/99i) to get your Admin Console back locally.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived