What are the ISY-26 Link Calculator assumptions?

AD8BC

ISY PLM Link Calculator

The Insteon PLM can hold 417 total links which leaves for much larger setups than most think. Use this calculator to verify

that your design will work with the PLM. This tool is using an average for scene nodes so the total is a close approximation.

In the calculator, what assumptions are used for number of links per scene? I have quite a bit of scenes with only 3 or 4 devices, but I noticed that each time a scene is added it adds 10 to the link table. Is that the assumption?

Hi AD8BC,

Each device in a scene takes one link. The link calculator uses an average of 10 per scene!

With kind regards,

Michel

ISY PLM Link Calculator

The Insteon PLM can hold 417 total links which leaves for much larger setups than most think. Use this calculator to verify

that your design will work with the PLM. This tool is using an average for scene nodes so the total is a close approximation.

In the calculator, what assumptions are used for number of links per scene? I have quite a bit of scenes with only 3 or 4 devices, but I noticed that each time a scene is added it adds 10 to the link table. Is that the assumption?

Archived