Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Honeywell T9 Thermostats

Featured Replies

@Jimbo.Automates I have 8 Honeywell T9 thermostats which are theoretically Homekit compatible, so I tried your Homekit plugin 2.0.1 to gain access to these. I installed the professional trial version and enabled the generic IoX plugins.

Three of the thermostats are a couple of years old and have firmware 01.05.03. These were discovered by the plugin even without being in discovery mode. I added the homekit code to the configuration page for each one and saved it. All three paired with a TSTAT-XXXXX node and two or three subnodes. Relevant values in the main nodes appear to update and be correct, although the subnodes are mostly irrelevant (T9 thermostats don't have built in occupancy and they are not battery powered) or are not populated with correct data.

The other five thermostats are newer with firmware 03.04. None of these were discovered, even if they were put in discovery mode. I tried to install one manually, but I don't know what the value should be for the Accessory ID since none was discovered and the pairing was therefore not successful. Are you familiar why with these newer T9 thermostats aren't visible to the plugin? According to Honeywell, the T9 thermostats are only compatible with homekit above firmware version 03.xx, so they must have made some kind of change/update at that point. Is there a way to determine the Accessory ID of a device to attempt to force a pairing (although if the discovery didn't find it, a force may not work anyway)?

Thanks,

Dave

  • Author

@Jimbo.Automates I was eventually able to connect to all 8 thermostats by manually adding the network name and IP address in the Add Homekit Device line in the configuration page. Discovery never worked for me for any of the 5 newer firmware models, whether or not they were in discovery mode. I added each thermostat one at a time and then restarted the server (sometimes several times). Eventually I would get an error that the device rejected the Homekit code (it had timed out by then) and I could then update the code, save and restart. Once the device connected, I would then copy the address from the confirmation message and update the configuration record with the address. After everything was connected, I renamed the thermostat node in IoX and on the name line in the configuration page, and moved the thermostats in IoX into the various room folders. All thermostats appear to be responding.

The subnodes (dry contact, motion, and any room sensors) appear below the thermostat nodes, but they are not populated with valid data. I tried changing the configuration to not load the generic thermostat and this removed the subnodes, but the main node then stopped responding, so I changed the generic profiles back to true. Is there a way either get the subnodes to read the actual data, or to remove the subnodes without affecting the functionality of the main node?

Similarly, is there a way to remove or hide the data below the node that is irrelevant? Seven of the thermostats only control hydronic heat, so the cool setpoint, humidity setpoint and fan controls don't apply to these zones. Can a configuration file be edited to hide these values some way?

One other question: now that the configuration is populated with the hexadecimal address and the IP address, will the connection fail if the IP address changes? My thermostats get their address through DHCP, so do I have to make these static through address reservation so that it doesn't break the connection in the future, or will the bridge find the devices by the hexadecimal homekit address?

Thanks,

Dave

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.