Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Climacell Migration to Plugin (Beta)

Featured Replies

I have three PG3x plugins, one of which is Climacell. I want to test migration to the new Plugin (Beta) in eisy-ui, and need some guidance.

The plugin migrates without issue, however, I have notifications emails setup that use the parameters that are visible in the PG3x instance of the plugin. When it is migrated, my notifications no longer work, and it is not clear if there are new parameters I need to use for these notifications. If so where do I find them and the correct format?

An example from one of my notification emails:

Today ${sys.node.n001_forecast_0.GV19} @ ${alert.time12}

Current Temp: ${sys.node.n001_controller.CLITEMP}

Current Conditions: ${sys.node.n001_controller.GV13}

Current Cloud Condition: ${sys.node.n001_controller.GV14}

Thanks for any help!

Rob

I believe that notifications using those node variables should work the same after migration as they did before.

Can you still see the Climacell nodes with those values listed under the Nodes menu in eisy-ui? If you don't or you get an error when selecting the node, the plugin didn't migrate correctly.

If the node looks correct this is probably a question for @bmercier

  • Author

Thanks Bob, here is what I see for one of the nodes, "Forecast 0". I obviously see all of the values on the right, and if I hover over something like Low Temperature, I see parameter name like "GV1". But nothing like "${sys.node.n001_forecast_0.GV1}" as I see under the PG3x instance.

image.png

image.png

Since you see all the node's values, it appears the migration was successful.

The "${sys.node.n001_forecast_0.GV1}" is the way to identify that node value in messages/notifications. What it's basically saying is that you want to substitute the value of node n_001_forecast_0 GV1 value into the message. From your screen shots, everything looks correct.

When you say the notification is not working, do you mean that you get a notification email, but all the ${sys.node.n001...} values are blank? Or do you not get the notification email at all?

If you're getting the email but it's all blank, it may be that IoX is somehow out of sync with the migration and is still trying to get those from the PG3x version. Rebooting the eisy may resolve this. @bmercier is this possibly the case?

  • Author

Hi, sorry, I should have been more clear.

I have a couple of programs that send notifications. One of them does so every day at 7:05AM. With the plugin migrated, that notification email apparently is never sent/never received, even if I trigger it manually. The Last Run Time shows it has executed.

If I migrate the plugin back to PG3x, the notifications work again. So, the only thing that ever changes is how the plugin is run. I have not changed anything else.

Thank you for the assistance!

Rob

Edited by RRalston
add clarification

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.