Telnet from outside of the lan?

TJF1960

Can I telnet into the ISY99i from a remote location?

If the ip of the isy is 192.168.1.101 and I am within the lan I can access thru telnet by typing C:/telnet 192.168.1.101 (without the port specified) and gain access and make changes and reboot.

But from a remote location if the wan ip is xx.xx.x.xxx and the isy is port forwarded to 442 I tried typing:

C:/telnet xx.xx.x.xxx 442 but cannot gain access. Is it possible, or am I doing something wrong?

I am able to https://xx.xx.x.xxx:442/admin and get into the admin console from a remote location.

Thanks,

Tim

I have been having problems with the ISY seemingly locking up, programs wont run and I cannot get into the admin via web. I found I can telnet from a computer on my lan and reboot the ISY even if I cannot enter thru the web.

If I am away I want to know I will be able to get into the ISY somehow to reboot if needed.

Tim

Hi Tim,

The fact that you can still telnet to ISY even though your programs are not running and even though you cannot access the Admin Console means that a) ISY is NOT locked up and b)rebooting may only solve the symptoms but not the cause.

If you want to be able to remotely telnet to ISY, all you have to do is to forward port 23.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived