How to count days?

mitch236

If I have a program that I want run from Friday 7:30PM until Monday 7:00AM will this work?

If

Program '*Armed Away' is False

And On Fri

From 7:30:00PM

To 7:00:00AM (3 days later)

Then

Set 'Indoor / Thermostats / Second Floor / HVAC Second Floor' Mode Auto

Wait 5 seconds

Set 'Indoor / Thermostats / Second Floor / HVAC Second Floor' Fan Auto

Wait 5 seconds

Set 'Indoor / Thermostats / Second Floor / HVAC Second Floor' 60° (Heat Setpoint)

Wait 5 seconds

Set 'Indoor / Thermostats / Second Floor / HVAC Second Floor' 80° (Cool Setpoint)

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

If I may infer your intention here: is it to set the thermostats to one setting for the weekend and another for the weekdays? If so, you can add an "else" statement that would execute on monday morning at 0730 (based on your current condition). Perhaps this could be your weekday thermostat settings?

Here's the problem I am trying to resolve. I have two main folders running all my programs. One that is active when my house alarm is ARMED AWAY is FALSE and one that is active when ARMED AWAY is TRUE. If I arm the alarm over the weekend, the thermostat is changed to reflect the setpoint I want when nobody is home. When we return and disarm the alarm, I want the thermostat to return to its settings that were active before the alarm was armed. So I am looking to write a program that will re-run when the alarm status is changed.

If you add an else statement to return the thermostats to how you want them when the house is occupied, you may get close to what you want, but not close enough.

At risk of repeating the earlier observations, this program would run the "then" condition if '*Armed Away' changes state from true-to-false between 7:30 Friday and 7:00 Monday. This program would run the "else" condition any time the '*Armed Away' changes state from false to true during that same time period.

Since this program would perform an automatic evaluation at 7:30 fridays and at 7:00 mondays, this program would also run the "else" condition at 7:30 Friday (unless a simultaneous '*Armed Away' false was received...unlikely) and at 0700 on Monday. I believe that this program will also execute the "else" statement at any other time of the week that '*Armed Away' changes state. I assume that this is not what you want.

I suggest creating a program folder, with the condtions

if
On Fri 
From 7:30:00PM 
To 7:00:00AM (3 days later) 

then
run the programs in this folder

In that folder add a program:

If 
then
Set 'Indoor / Thermostats / Second Floor / HVAC Second Floor' Mode Auto 
Wait 5 seconds 
Set 'Indoor / Thermostats / Second Floor / HVAC Second Floor' Fan Auto 
Wait 5 seconds 
Set 'Indoor / Thermostats / Second Floor / HVAC Second Floor' 60° (Heat Setpoint) 
Wait 5 seconds 
Set 'Indoor / Thermostats / Second Floor / HVAC Second Floor' 80° (Cool Setpoint) 
else
Set thermostats the way you want them when occupied.

However, with this approach, if you happen to be in an unoccupied state at monday 0700, then there this approach offers no way to return the house to occupied. There is also a potential problem if your program is executing exactly at 0700 monday, at which point execution stops at whatever point it is.

I can't help but wonder if you already have a program to return the house to occupied state at 0700 monday, but have not mentioned this.

Actually all of the programs that run when Armed Away is False reside in a folder and its condition is set by:

Folder Conditions for 'Alarm OFF (or Stay)'

Add conditions to limit when programs in this folder are allowed to run.

If

Then

Allow the programs in this folder to run.

So I am already using your idea of putting the program within a folder that provides conditions.

Also, I have another folder that contains all the programs that I want run when the Armed Away is True so I can keep toggling between the two depending on the status of the alarm. It all seems to work except the A/C settings which I think I've solved using the bracketed time constraints.

It will take a while to test all of it out but so far, it seems to be working. I don't think there is (or ever will be) a perfect, fool proof solution but close enough has to be good enough!

Archived