error light blinking and can't factory reset

joefly

Hi all, I got a 99i/IR over a year ago(SN#5592), i had it working fine but then I moved houses and now having problem getting the ISY99 working in my new home. I do the www.universal-deivices.com/99i and I got the java screen but none of the functions work including the about, only shows the copyright info and the login does not work, my error light on the ISY is blinking, pwr/rx/tx is green but memory light is off. I think the PLM is working correctly as the LED is steady on, and when I send an insteon signal in the house, the PLM light blinks.

On the ISY i tried factory reset, same result

I tried formatting the SD card, same result.

I tried different CAT5 Cables same result.

I tried rebooted, modem, router, PLM, ISY same result.

My router does not see the ISY so I do not have an ip address to the ISY.

So any ideas what is going on?

thanks

Hello joefly,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience. The problem you are reporting has to do with File System. If you have moved your ISY, in all likelihood, the SD Card (on the left side of the unit) has become loose.

If you have an ISY with an SD Card slot on the left, all you have to do is to push the SD Card in so that it pops out and then reinsert it back in ensuring that you hear a click.

If your enclosure does not have an SD Card slot, then, unfortunately so, you will have to take out the board and reseat the SD Card.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived