Lights toggle on and off when controlled by ELK

Guest Digger

I have a few lights that when a door in opened or a motion detector is tripped the ELK tells the light to go on and after a specified time the ELK tells the light to go off (unless the ELK's timer is restarted by the dorr contact or motion).

At the end of the time period the ELK tells the light to go off and it does and then comes right back on. Sometimes it toggles on/off/on/off etc.

I unplugged the PLM and went back to the PLC and it works fine.

Any ideas?

Digger,

Yes. ISY/ELK integration works based on a bit that's set in ELK. If that bit is not set, you will get into loop conditions + you can expect delays. Please make sure you have the latest ELK firmware/bootware AND make sure you have all the Future bits set for all your lighting devices in ELK RP.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have a few lights that when a door in opened or a motion detector is tripped the ELK tells the light to go on and after a specified time the ELK tells the light to go off (unless the ELK's timer is restarted by the dorr contact or motion).

At the end of the time period the ELK tells the light to go off and it does and then comes right back on. Sometimes it toggles on/off/on/off etc.

Any ideas?

I thought I did but I cant swear on a bible to it. I will double check tonight. Thanks!!

Digger,

Yes. ISY/ELK integration works based on a bit that's set in ELK. If that bit is not set, you will get into loop conditions + you can expect delays. Please make sure you have the latest ELK firmware/bootware AND make sure you have all the Future bits set for all your lighting devices in ELK RP.

With kind regards,

Michel

Any ideas?

I verified that I have all of the latest firmware and that "Future" is set for all devices (I did not use show for all).

I am noticing a lot of missed commands (lights/fans turn on but not off) and status is not always up to date so I plugged an RFlinc into the PLM which is plugged into a PLC and it helps a little.

Still the toggling on and off is happening it seems when a light is told to turn off after its specified time in the ELK.

I thought I did but I cant swear on a bible to it. I will double check tonight. Thanks!!

Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Any ideas?

Hi Digger,

I am going to forward this to our ELK contact and see if he has a remedy.

With kind regards,

Michel

I verified that I have all of the latest firmware and that "Future" is set for all devices (I did not use show for all).

I am noticing a lot of missed commands (lights/fans turn on but not off) and status is not always up to date so I plugged an RFlinc into the PLM which is plugged into a PLC and it helps a little.

Still the toggling on and off is happening it seems when a light is told to turn off after its specified time in the ELK.

Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Any ideas?

Don or Chris? I can call them if you like. I know those guys since I UL Listed the M1 for them. GREAT GUYS!!

I will play so more tonight.

Hi Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Any ideas?

You should definitely find different circuits for the PLM and the PLC. Not that it will help with the flashing light...

You should definitely find different circuits for the PLM and the PLC. Not that it will help with the flashing light...

The PLC had a LOT BETTER communications then the PLM so I plugged the PLM into the PLC (the PLC is not connected to anything else). Its is better than the PLM alone but still not as good as the PLC alone.

Ok I found it...... when I imported from the ISY it corrupted my rules in the ELK "slightly" and I did not notice it. I dumped all of my rules and redid them and they are fine now.

Sorry for the false alarm.

PLM Signal strength is kinda of weak which is not helping the reliability. I will experiment with that but I have 4 signalincs and 2 accesspoints (I know they dont talk to each other). Plugging the PLM into the PLC helped a lot.

Thanks for your help!!!! SO far the ISY is awesome.... just some kinks to work out.

Don or Chris? I can call them if you like. I know those guys since I UL Listed the M1 for them. GREAT GUYS!!

Hi Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Any ideas?

Ok I found it...... when I imported from the ISY it corrupted my rules in the ELK "slightly" and I did not notice it. I dumped all of my rules and redid them and they are fine now.

PLM Signal strength is kinda of weak which is not helping the reliability. I will experiment with that but I have 4 signalincs and 2 accesspoints (I know they dont talk to each other). Plugging the PLM into the PLC helped a lot.

Thanks for your help!!!! SO far the ISY is awesome.... just some kinks to work out.

Hi Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Any ideas?

• Far out man.

Gosh...

This is starting to look like Escher artwork.

Hi Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Any ideas?

• Far out man.

Jeez. I had to do it too.

Gosh...

This is starting to look like Escher artwork.

Hi Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Any ideas?

• Far out man.

Archived