Scenes Working But Failing Scene Test - Noise Issue?

Hello justin.cool,

Thanks so very much for summing it up.

1. I still have some spurious KPL traffic from a device that is NOT in the scene but this KPL is responding in Scene Test anyway.

This should be easy to fix. If you have crawled your network to initially register this device, then the best thing to do would be to remove it from ISY, do a factory reset, and then do a Restore Device on it. If you have not crawled your network (you added it using the first option), then all you have to try is a Restore Device on it

2. I also have seen some thermostat status traffic that is induced when I turn the office fan on / off via the ISY. Have to chase that one down.

Would be very interested to know what type of traffic

3. My filtering and phase coupling appears to be OK, but will keep an eye on it.

4. Still don't understand why my link count in the PLM is so low, about 357, when I ran the link count twice.

For the most accurate link count, you would want to put your PLM on a FilterLinc.

Michel,

#1 Fixed via a restore.

#2. Upon close inspection, it was coincidence. My thermostats report every degree change in temp. And they seemed to kick off status reporting when I turned the fan ON and OFF for the scene testing. When I examined the event viewer and the log, it was clear that it was not spurious.

#4. Ran PLM link count again tonight, about 350 links. However, it was not filtered off. Will do this when I can reconfigure.

Justin

Archived