Venstar V2 thermostat not updating isy with temp

fgallina

Hi,

I have a new venstar thermostat with a V2 insteon adapter that’s not communicating the current temperature or setpoint back to the isy. I can successfully change the setpoint from the isy, but unless I use the query feature, the data displayed in the isy is incorrect. I do have an access point within a few feet of the thermostat, so I don’t think that’s the problem, and I have the newest official revision of the isy firmware (can’t remember what that is offhand).

I’m not having any other communication issues at the moment, so I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong, or if maybe I got a bum unit (I just bought it and it’s never worked right). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Frank

Hi Frank,

Did you remember to turn Off the thermostat and then link it using the Set button? Were four nodes added to the ISY?

ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Linking_a_Thermostat#Linking_a_Thermostat_V2

The ISY relies on the thermostat to send updates to the conditions (temperature, set point, etc.) Would you please open the Event Viewer and press the up or down temperature then check to see if there is an entry in the event viewer?

Rand

Thanks for the answer Rand -- sounds like I may be guilty of not reading the manual, although I did scour these forums. I get confused by what I need to do with the isy vs what I need to do for normal insteon.

I'll give that a try and see if it works. Thanks!

Frank

Archived