I just bought greennet.com - what is it??

kaplansa

So maybe I jumped the gun. Just spent $49 to purchase greennet.com integration with my ISY-99i. I realize now that I have no idea what this service is. I thought it would be some website or report through the ISY that I would get my electricity usage data. If that's what it is, I have no idea how to configure it, or what to do next.

Please someone explain to me what I just bought and how to use it (and possibly configure it in the ISY-99i, if I need to do anything)??

Thanks!

Doh! Guess I don't need that .ca provider either?

If I want to track my electricity usage using my isy, is that device (can't recall the name) that smarthome sells the only way to go? Is there an online service I can plug into instead of hooking up more hardware?

Thanks!

Hello kaplansa,

At the minimum you need some type of energy monitoring devices (such as Brultech or iMeter Solo). Then, it's all up to you whether or not you want a portal provider:

1. If you want to have graphs/charts/history then you do need the Check-It portal module. The added advantage of this is that no longer would you need to do port forwarding

2. If you are not concerned with graphs/charts/history then all you need is the Brultech Module. This will enabled you to control your devices based on your electricity usage

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived