Garage door opener kit

Is it true that the Garage door opener kit only receives on commands? from ISY and mobile device.

I have my kit installed and the only button that works in ISY or on my iphone is open.

The close button does noting. Is this by design? or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks

The I/O Linc relay in Momentary mode responds to Insteon Direct commands sent to the relay node differently than Insteon Group commands issued to a Scene. Define a Scene with the I/O Linc relay node as a Responder, controlling the Scene from the ISY or KPL button. The I/O Linc relay does respond to On and Off commands in Momentary B or Momentary C mode from a Scene. The I/O Linc relay does respond to Insteon Direct On and Off commands in Latching mode but that mode is of little use in Garage door operation.

All the instructions from Smarthome describe the I/O Linc behavior as they do because they are in the context of how the I/O Linc relay responds to Group commands (Scene commands) as that is all Insteon devices issue. Only Home Automation setups are able to issue Direct commands which the Quick Start guide and User Guide do not cover. I tested this with HouseLinc2 with the same results.

Archived