Splitting up isy & Dual-Band PLM

jaycanter

I origanally installed every thing in my dinning room and everything works perfect. I bought the ir model to use with my harmony remote in the living room. So i finnally pulled a network cable into the living room and moved everything last night. Then most devices quit responding, I built the living room so i know whats on each circuit and i remove everything from the circuit i had the db plm plugged in and still nothing worked right. so i moved it back to where it was and everything works perfect again. So my question is can i run another cable to the living room and put the isy in there and run the cable back to the dinning room for the db plm? it about a 50ft run. and is the cable a regular cat 5?

Thanks

Jay

I have been trying to resolve the issue all week i have 1 living room wall with 8 outlets on one breaker. there is an outletlinc on that wall that works fine with the isy in my dinning room. i moved the isy to the living room wall same breaker as the outletlinc and lose 80% of my system. i have unplugged everything on that breaker. and still cannot get it to work. I have checked all the electrical connections in each box and at the breaker, swapped out the breaker and still won't work. move the isy back to the dinning room and everything works perfect. so my only option is to pull a network cable back to the dinning room. since 50ft is max would i be better building a cable 37ft thats needed or just purchase a 50?

I have 4 access points & several dual band switchlincs. with the home theatre stuff plugged in that circuit that also has an outletlinc in it works fine with the system in the next room but when i move the isy to the same circuit i lose connections to most of my devices. what doesn't make sense is the ouletlinc in that circuit has worked fine for a couple of yrs with houselinc and the isy. but when i move the isy to that circuit i lose everything. i have 48 devices in a 1500 sq ft home.

I will think some more on it. I agree, this is strange behavior. If I come up with some other ideas, I will post back, but I am drawing a blank right now.

Another option is to use the insteon IRLinc and keep the ISY where it works. But I agree....I would want to find out what the problem is here.

Archived