2441V Thermostat Adapter V.28

bbb2008

What Thermostat Mode does the tstat need to be in? It is currently set to heat.

I have V.28 of the adapter. How do I determine the version of the tstat?

Nodes? I see:

Heat Setpoint

Thermostat Mode

Fan State

Heat/Cool State (which don't have a data display box)

Yes, using a 99I.

Can I email you a screen shot?

Hello bbb2008,

In the tree on the left pane, you should see 4 devices (nodes) for each thermostat as follows:

1. Main

2. Cool

3. Heat

4. Fan

When you click on the Main, you will see what you are describing to the right. The other three devices (nodes) can be used as controllers in other scenes. But, if you do not have these 4 devices, then either your thermostat is not V2 (In the Admin Console, the version for the thermostat should be v91 or above) OR you have not added them correctly.

Is v28 on the thermostat or is it what ISY reports? If this is what ISY reports, then the problem is that you do not have a v2 Thermostat.

If you wish to have a screenshot, please send an email to support@universal-devices.com .

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel -

I just purchased a T1800 with 2441v. The sticker on the back indicates it's a 2.1 version, however, it shows up as v.00 and I don't have the 4 nodes under the thermostat in the left pane. I am able to control the fan/temp etc.

please advise,

John

Okay so maybe after reading this post I might be able to now figure out why I am having issues.

when I load the ISY web interface, and I view any of my 4 Venstar Thermos, the version that appears is 2441v.. v.91

can anyone tell me what I should or shouldn't expect from this version of the software?

what is the current version, and how do I get it?

Okay so maybe after reading this post I might be able to now figure out why I am having issues.

when I load the ISY web interface, and I view any of my 4 Venstar Thermos, the version that appears is 2441v.. v.91

can anyone tell me what I should or shouldn't expect from this version of the software?

what is the current version, and how do I get it?

Mine says verision 2.1 on the sticker, 0.91 in the ISY web interface

• 1 month later...
With remote access if there any way to know if the HVAC unit is currently running? My current viewing options are Current State (temp), Setpoint (Temp), Humidity, Heat Setpoint, Thermostat Mode, Fan State and Heat/Cool State (which don't display anything).

I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I have tried the:

1. Remove the thermostat from ISY

2. Do a factory reset on the thermostat

3. Make sure the thermostat is in the Off mode

4. Go to Link Management | Start Linking and then click and hold the set button on the thermostat dongle

fix at least ten times... The linking exercise rewrites the 2441V back into the Admin Console in the same state every time. eg. there is only one node (instead of 4) and the version in the admin console is v.00...

Thoughts?

Hello Brucem,

What firmware version do you have on your ISY?

It's quite odd what you still get v00 even though you are using Start Linking.

There are only three cases:

1. You do not have the correct ISY firmware ... please make sure you use the latest 2.8.15

2. Your thermostat adapter is not V2

3. You have a defect thermostat adapter

With kind regards,

Michel

What firmware version do you have on your ISY?

It's quite odd what you still get v00 even though you are using Start Linking.

There are only three cases:

1. You do not have the correct ISY firmware ... please make sure you use the latest 2.8.15

2. Your thermostat adapter is not V2

3. You have a defect thermostat adapter

Hey Michel, thanks for the reply. Yes, upgraded to the 2.8.15 ISY firmware (struggled a little by not following the java cert instructions the firts time... :) ) in hopes that there was an unlisted fix.

The 2441V is a rev 2.1 and the thermostat is a Venstar 1900...

One difference from your instructions that I did not follow was selecting "Start Linking" off the "Link Management" menu. This actually did not (and does not)do anything. It accepts one of the three selections and then disappears when I press Finish.

I found that I had to select "Add New Insteon Device" to find anything. For all the attempts I did to add the 2441V I was entering the address and selecting the 2441V off the device list... This always found the 2441V and entered it as the v.00 entry discussed above.

After reading your response, for some reason I tried the same thing again (fool me once... lol). This time however I allowed it to "auto discover" the device... Low and behold I now have all four nodes and the adapter is listed as v.91. Looks like this method worked for me....

Thanks again

Thank you. I guess I'm still confused a bit though.

It's my understanding that the latest and greatest version of the dongle is 2.1

I have 1.2 on the back of my dongle. Am I going to miss out on any features because of this? Should I try to exchange my dongle for the latest revision?

I have tried the reset a couple of times and the isy still shows V28 and I don't seem to have the 4 nodes. Maybe I'm confused as to where these will be. Do they show up under the Device tree?

The manual for the v2 adapter has a chart of differences from the older v1 units.

http://wiki.smarthome.com/index.php?tit ... %29_Manual

It does look like the v2 versions have many added features the v1 versions are lacking.

Since you purchased this recently and the vendor sent you a v1 model that was at least a year old {from Tom's reply to you in the Smarthome Forums}. I would ask for a replacement.

BTW, a quick comment, when you select Start Linking and the panel pops up with the three options, before you press the Finish button, you need to go to the adapter and press the set button for about 5 seconds to put the adapter into linking mode (flashing light). If you don't, you get the result that you observed above and that is that the linking function didn't do anything. The adapter has to be in linking mode to use the auto discover feature in the ISY. After pushing the set button, return to the ISY and press Finish.

Archived