View notes and State Change Column

jeffwild1

1. Request you consider making the notes for a device viewable on the right side of the page so that when you select a device and can see the memberships, current state, on-level, etc..., you will also see the notes box to remind you why you set up certain conditions, or dates when batteries were replaced in motion sensors and that sort of thing. [EDIT] Viewable is fine for me, if you want to make it editable from there that would be nice to have.

2. I've requested this via email before and I still long to see it implemented. From the Network or My Lighting views, I would like to see a column between the current state and address columns that shows the date/time of the last state change. This allows you to "at a glance" evaluate if motion sensors are working properly, what kind or how much activity is going on at a particular location, etc.

Thanks for the consideration. :D

Hello jeffwild1,

Both requests are already on our list: the first one we have put on low priority since we are planning to do a lot of cosmetic changes slowly.

The second one is a little more obtrusive since it would require larger buffer sizes to send the events to clients (now, each status change will have an associated timestamp element).

With kind regards,

Michel

I would like to see both options as well. Just wanted to add my feed-back that the OP's idea is a good one.

By all means deploy it once you and the team feel it is ready to come out. As always these enhancements make this device one of a kind. :D

Archived