Series of Timed Events

hart2hart

I have a series of scheduled events with a program condition for "Away from Home" that occur during the day to make the house look lived in. As each time passes the events become true and stay true until the program flag "Away from Home becomes" False when I disarm the security system at the end of the day. I get what is happening. Other than thinking, they might have become false when the scheduled time passed.

Without having the next event run the else branch of the previous event (or some other complex to remember for future updates), is there a simple way to have the event be true during its time slot and false when the next scheduled event starts.

Not a big deal and will only make change if easy and does not require me to fix/maintain some "scheme"in future bacause it works great as is. More of an inquiring minds question....

So ISY programing gurus, is there a simple way?

Short answer: No

If you don't want to use the programs as states (i.e. call their ELSE branch to set them as false), then you are out of luck. With a variable, you could just set the variable to an increasing value for each program, with the variable indicating the current state. But the ISY doesn't support variables.

Archived