Programming help, please

Avonlea22

Ok, so my wife said it didn't work. She said "they came on dim and then went straight to blinding bright"

Here is my programs, which I believe are exactly the same as the post above. I have my switchlinc labelled Master Bath Can Lights. I have this switchlinc in a scene called Early AM MB Can Lights as a Controller. The switchlinc is set with a 75% on level and .3 sec ramp rate for local control. The scene is set with a 75% on level and a 9 minute ramp rate. The switchlinc IS controlling the load locally.

Program 1:

If
       On Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
       From     3:00:00AM
       To       5:00:00AM (same day)

Then
       In Scene 'Bathrooms / Master Bath Can Lights' Set 'Bathrooms / Master Bath Can Lights' 35% (On Level)
       In Scene 'Bathrooms / Master Bath Can Lights' Set 'Bathrooms / Master Bath Can Lights' 0.3 Sec (Ramp Rate)

Else
       In Scene 'Bathrooms / Master Bath Can Lights' Set 'Bathrooms / Master Bath Can Lights' 75% (On Level)
       In Scene 'Bathrooms / Master Bath Can Lights' Set 'Bathrooms / Master Bath Can Lights' 0.3 Sec (Ramp Rate)

Program 2:

If
       On Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
       From     3:00:00AM
       To       5:00:00AM (same day)
   And Control 'Bathrooms / Master Bath Can Lights' is switched On
   And Control 'Bathrooms / Master Bath Can Lights' is not switched Off

Then
       Wait  1 second
       Set Scene 'Early AM MB Can Lights' On

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I've left the "fast Off" program as well. This is it:

If
       Control 'Bathrooms / Master Bath Can Lights' is switched Off

Then
       Set 'Bathrooms / Master Bath Can Lights' Fast Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The "off hours" is working fine.The lights come on at 75% at a .3 sec ramp.

Do you guys see that I'm missing anything?

Oh, and I did some organizing last night, so the switchlinc is now in a folder called Bathrooms"

So it sounds like Program 1 is working fine and setting the on level and ramp rate of the SL properly depending on the time of day.

It looks like something is wrong with either Program 2 or the scene settings of "Early AM MB Can Lights." Can you select the Early AM MB Can Lights scene (not the SL under the scene but the scene itself) in the devices / scene column in main admin console window. Verify the scene is set to 75% @ 9 minute ramp rate then press the On button at the bottom of the admin console to turn the scene on. The lights should slowly ramp up to 75%.

If that works then turn the lights off and go back to the program summary tab and select Program 2, right click and select Run Then. The lights should ramp up to 75% over 9 minutes.

Tim

Ok, so my wife said it didn't work. She said "they came on dim and then went straight to blinding bright"

Here is my programs, which I believe are exactly the same as the post above. I have my switchlinc labelled Master Bath Can Lights. I have this switchlinc in a scene called Early AM MB Can Lights as a Controller. The switchlinc is set with a 75% on level and .3 sec ramp rate for local control. The scene is set with a 75% on level and a 9 minute ramp rate. The switchlinc IS controlling the load locally.

The 9 minute ramp rate is for legacy devices only. Current-vintage gear can ramp as long as 8 minutes, but using the 9 minute setting is equivalent to setting a 0.1 ramp rate, IIRC.

Ok, I changed the ramp rate to 8 minutes (shouldn't there be a notation about this in the ISY programming screen itself?) and I've done the testing. Both scene and program 2 are acting correctly. I think we might finally have it. Thank you guys so much. I literally have spent hours trying to get this to work. I'll keep you all posted if anything should not work properly.

Thank you!!!

I'm happy to report that the program executed properly this morning. My wife was pleased as punch not to be blinded at 3am. Thanks to EVERYONE that helped me out with this problem. I sure wish I had known about the ramp rate limitation when I started, as that may have prevented a lot of frustration.

Thanks again, all!

Avonlea22

Smarthome/Smartlabs are constantly adding/removing/tweaking function of the Insteon devices. The Smarthome user forum is a good place to frequent as rarely is any official statement made from Smarthome regarding changes.

Lee

I'm thinking it might be a good time to remove the 9 minute setting from the ISY altogether. The maximum ramp rate has been 8 minutes for a while (since we started being able to tap-link devices as off, IIRC) and the 8 and 9 minute rates are practically indiscernible anyway.

Archived