ISY and KeypadLinc

kplgg

Help! I can't figure this out!

Simple example:

Keypadlinc=C=closet1

D=closet2

I want Keypad B=to toggle OFF C+D and have the LED be on when either Closet C or Closet D are on and off when they are off.

Somehow, program I write in ISY99i for B is affecting the C or D programs.

Help! I can't figure this out!

Simple example:

Keypadlinc=C=closet1

D=closet2

I want Keypad B=to toggle OFF C+D and have the LED be on when either Closet C or Closet D are on and off when they are off.

Somehow, program I write in ISY99i for B is affecting the C or D programs.

Select button B on the device tree and click the Buttons Toggle Mode. Select button B and click the Toggle On/Off button. Select OFF.

Now make sure you have a Scene that has button B as controller and buttons C and D as responders only.

Create a second scene that has button B as responder.

Finally, create a program that says if status closet light 1 is on or status closet light 2 is on, then turn on that second button b only scene.

Don't think so. B is shutting of C LED, but not C's load (closet1)

Insteon commands don't cascade from one controller to another controller to another responder. If you want the Closet light to turn off when you press B, you have to link the closet as a responder to the scene controlled by button B.

Negative, the main button will always correspond with the state of the built-in dimmer.

If you wanted, you could use ISY programs to control other keypad buttons inversely with the state of the local load. What are you controlling with buttons G and H?

Archived