Connection Problem

dvial_24

Hello,

Finally I received the new PLM from Smarthome (2412S, Rev 2.5), unfortunately I have some problems with the communication between my insteon & X10 devices & the PLM/ISY (software version 2.6). Sometimes it runs good & very often not.

When not : when I logg on I have the following messages : "cannot communicate with Door light (7 AB 28 1). Please check connections" or a window opens with the message "system busy", this windows comes 10 times more or less.

If I enter a new program under Program Details : if from 5 PM to 6 PM / then send X10 A1/on / else send X10A1/off and I go under Program Summary at 5 PM I see : enabled : on, activity : idle, status: false, last run time 5.00.01 PM, last finish time : 5.00.01 PM. It means, nothing happens. If I check at 6 PM, enabled : on, activity : idle, status: false, last run time 6.00.01 PM, last finish time : 6.00.01 PM

FYI : I have changed the cables, I connect the PLM in different places in the home, ..., but it is "always" (80%) the same result : cannot communicate....

Thank you

Hello everyone,

I do not understand this problem of communication with ISY/PLM because I am using Smarthome Manager Essential & I have no problem with it.

Even if I restore my backup/ISY I have the message "system busy". Well, I will test & check more & I hope to find the problem...

Thanks & have a nice day, Denis

Smarthome Manager Essential and a 1132CU/U for your original X10 needs?

Adding an Access Points will most likely not help with X10 signals as both the Access Point and older SignalLinc RF do not rebroadcast X10 signals, just Insteon ones.

I believe Smarthome messed with the later Firmware for the PLM and effected the signals being sent.

I used the Smarthome Manager Essential & 1132 before to use the ISY/PLM. I do not know if I have "found" the real problem but my ISY/PLM runs very good now but do not ask me why... Once more time I have checked the cables, different outlets, ... & this time everything is ok... I am very happy with this product !

vdenis3399,

I am so glad that you've gotten everything working but I am a little worried that you might have intermittent noise issues. In any case, please do keep us posted.

With kind regards,

Michel

I used the Smarthome Manager Essential & 1132 before to use the ISY/PLM. I do not know if I have "found" the real problem but my ISY/PLM runs very good now but do not ask me why... Once more time I have checked the cables, different outlets, ... & this time everything is ok... I am very happy with this product !

Archived