Error backing up ISY-99i

blartyo

Hello B:

Yes, please keep us updated. This is valuable information.

I had a weird failure recently, and I was wondering if it had to do with the fact that I had a "missing" device on my network at that time (a LampLinc that I had unplugged after the holidays). Although I can't remember the problem now, I remember thinking at the time "I wonder if the missing LampLinc that came up missing in the network query had any bearing on this problem?"

So if we start seeing problems like yours that seem to be tied to non-responsive devices, this would be an important thing for Michel and Chris to know.

Best wishes,

blartyo,

Thanks so very much for the update ... all I can say is that this is quite odd because we are simply doing a backup and it's not at all INSTEON related. Please do be kind enough to keep and eye and let us know if you start experiencing this problem again.

Frank,

You are 100% correct.

With kind regards,

Michel

well, well, well.

I mentioned earlier in this saga that I had a device on my network that wasn't responding and had probably failed. I just reset the device (it hadn't actually failed after all), then restored it from the ISY -- and lookey here, my ISY unit seems to now be backing up again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll monitor this situation over the next few days, but for now things seem to be working.

Thanks all!

I have five LampLincs plugged into a power strip that is switched off most of the time. I have never seen a problem using the ISY with these devices. Worst case I get is a "Request Failed" if I try to communicate with them when they are not powered.

I now also have three LampLincs sitting on the bench from the holiday lights. Still no errors from the ISY.

I thought the ISY was doing a great job under these circumstances.

Rand

Archived