Plug-in module status queries

yardman 49

Hello Michel:

Now that the Christmas season is winding down, I will probably be unplugging the Insteon modules that I have used to control my Christmas lights in my windows and for my displays.

How will this effect the ISY? If it can't find the devices any longer on the network, will it then start logging Comm Errors when it can't find the devices? And if it does, will I have to clear dozen of Comm Errors for each device the next time that I log on (assuming that I don't log on for several weeks and the 3 am program is running), or will it only display the last Comm Error for each device?

Also, any device not found will increase the time required for each manual query, and will result in more windows to click through after the query completes.

Or have you already thought of this by not including LampLincs and ApplianceLincs in the system query?

Thanks

You know what; I use my extra Christmas dimmers for signal repeating just by leaving them plugged in. As for the programs I have all them in a Christmas folder that disables the contents when it’s not between Thanksgiving and New Years.

Hello Mark:

Yes, that is a good idea about leaving them in. That was one possiblity that I had considered, and I will probably go that route.

I just posted another thread that I'm going to delete, requesting the ability to do date scheduling! So I guess that it already exists. How do you create such a program? I can't find it under the Schedule statement options.

Thanks

Ahh why did you delete that. :shock::wink:

I was going to post this stuff...

Folders and Dates Thread

Date Ranges Thread

For this release the full date is required. We will be adding support for monthly, and annual entries in a follow on release.

The thing is I can't find the one where Michel says 2.7 or 2.8 release.

To answer how I did it, here is the folder If code.

Folder Conditions for 'Christmas'
Add conditions to limit when programs in this folder are allowed to run.

If
       From    12:00:00AM on 2007/11/22
       To      12:00:00AM on 2008/01/01

Then
  Allow the programs in this folder to run.

Hello Mark:

Sorry for the deletion! I guess we are both on at the same time.

How did you specify the dates in your program? I"m still missing that one.

And yes, we really could use a non-year specific date format. Did you say that Chris or Michel has already promised that?

Best wishes,

Archived