When Will High Capacity PLM Be Available?

upstatemike

I hope it is soon... I have about 70 devices and was able to obtain a 6.2 1024L "Engineering Sample" (not sure what the latest version is though) and it has made a big difference in overall relaiblility. I can't say it is any faster but it is a dramatic improvement.

-jeff

P.S. Don't ask me how I got it... I won't tell LOL

I hope it is soon... I have about 70 devices and was able to obtain a 6.2 1024L "Engineering Sample" (not sure what the latest version is though) and it has made a big difference in overall relaiblility. I can't say it is any faster but it is a dramatic improvement.

-jeff

I'm not so much concerned about speed and reliability. I just need something that will support 175 Insteon devices so I can purchase an ISY. I'm starting to feel very left out talking about something I can't play with myself!

I only have 30 somewhat devices at the moment. I have apparently locked up 2 PLM's in 6 weeks. That or their is another problem but the PLM's no longer work.

If it is the capacity problem with the PLM (not stating for a fact it is) how the heck did SH not see this as an issue? Even if its not a capacity issue what is causing PLM's to die?

-jeff

I'm not so much concerned about speed and reliability. I just need something that will support 175 Insteon devices so I can purchase an ISY. I'm starting to feel very left out talking about something I can't play with myself!

Mike.... be concerned.... be VERY concerned about relaibility of the PLM. I lost 2 already. :cry:

Sleep well though in regards to the ISY! I so wish the PLM would just work so I could use the ISY. Its really neat!

Upstate, I feel your pain :( . Do you have any PLM at all? You could always purchase the ISY of your choice now, and the expanded PLM when available. That way, at least you could begin playing with ISY! :wink:

You know if you get all your devices added in one of the smaller PLMs for now you could setup some for your scenes as programs which would keep you link count down quite a bit. Yeah there would be a 1/2 second delay but it's really is not that bad.

I would think with such a large install you would want the experience up front with what you have now then wait any longer.

You know if you get all your devices added in one of the smaller PLMs for now you could setup some for your scenes as programs which would keep you link count down quite a bit. Yeah there would be a 1/2 second delay but it's really is not that bad.

I would think with such a large install you would want the experience up front with what you have now then wait any longer.

I was going to go ahead back when SmartHome had the 20% off sale but Michel urged me to wait for the 99i + high capacity PLM. I have to think if anyone would know that getting a smaller system is a bad idea for me it would be him.

I guess I can get around this by not using an Insteon controller at all... What if I give all my devices X10 addresses? I could just use Insteon for device to device links and anytime I want to communicate from a controller I could do it with X10 commands. That way the PLM is only used for managing device to device links and I won't ever need a high capacity version.

I guess I can get around this by not using an Insteon controller at all... What if I give all my devices X10 addresses? I could just use Insteon for device to device links and anytime I want to communicate from a controller I could do it with X10 commands. That way the PLM is only used for managing device to device links and I won't ever need a high capacity version.

upstate, I think you will want/need both an ISY-99i® and a high-capacity PLM in the long term. But there is no reason that you couldn't get the 99 now and use it with the current PLM as long as you are careful not to exceed 417 links. This would give you a great head-start, and then when the high-capacity PLM is available, you can go full steam ahead 8) .

But don't count on X-10 (power-line) signals being very reliable with all those Insteon devices installed, until you test that configuration.

upstate, I think you will want/need both an ISY-99i® and a high-capacity PLM in the long term. But there is no reason that you couldn't get the 99 now and use it with the current PLM as long as you are careful not to exceed 417 links...

Except the ISY-99i is not available yet. But when it is released maybe I will have to do as you suggest and just use whatever PLM is currently available. Experience suggests that once SmartHome announces a new product that it is several months before you can actually buy it. And in the case of the high capacity PLM they haven't even announced it yet so actual availability is likely to be...?

Archived