Weather Datafeed Error

sanders2222

I thought all the bugs were sorted out of this system. I upgraded to 3.1.4 and added Weatherbug and Sprinkler modules. The Climate tab comes up fine but every data value is zero. I selected a close location and checked the enabled box. Still nothing. My event viewer shows:

• Sat 07/02/2011 08:15:00 PM : CLI-WBug: Connecting to datafeed.weatherbug.com
    Sat 07/02/2011 08:15:00 PM : CLI-WBug: Error Parsing Response

I'm thinking Weatherbug doesn't like me. How can I fix this?

Michel, Thanks again for responding to me. I'm hoping you can figure this out because I'm stumped!

do you also have any problems sending emails from ISY?
No problems. I'd say I get nearly 100% of all messages sent. I'm also able to access the ISY console from any remote site via an Internet connection. My system has been pretty stable now for over a year, but these are the first modules I have added.
How about synchronizing with NTP server?
I haven't ever monitored that. But if you are referring to a clock issue, I have never noticed that the time reported by the ISY is any different than the time on my PC(s). Synchronizing the system (under the Config/System tab) didn't change anything.
Do you have a static IP address?
My ipconfig reports my DCHP Enabled is yes. That should indicate I have a dynamic IP address. However, with Comcast Broadband I think my IP address has rarely changed.

I tried different zip code locations and all report zero. Repeating error messages in the Event viewer include:

• Sun 07/03/2011 01:31:13 PM : [FileOpen ] Open failed for [/CONF/ELK.CNF] ®
    Sun 07/03/2011 01:31:19 PM : [FileOpen ] Open failed for [/CONF/ELEC.CFG] ®
    Sun 07/03/2011 01:31:23 PM : [FileOpen ] Open failed for [/CONF/ELK.CNF] ®
    Sun 07/03/2011 01:32:55 PM : CLI-WBug: Error Parsing Response
    Sun 07/03/2011 01:38:53 PM : CLI-WBug: Error Parsing Response

I am about to integrate in a new Elk security system and Russound audio distribution system so I hope this problem is something simple.

Jim

Michel,

I was able to contact Darrell and he verified I had a valid weather station location. He suggested I clear the Java Cache and by doing that, the find/location options under the Config/Climate tab worked!

He also suggested I use the ISY Finder to set up a desktop icon for opening the Console, which avoids having to open my browser to access the ISY. I had no idea there was an option for one.

Thanks again for your quick response, your suggestions and for the tip to create a desktop icon. You people at U-D ROCK!

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Not receiving response from WB is completely normal: we do have a timeout for getting a response and if we do not get anything within that timeout, we consider the connection bad. If the server is busy, we might not be waiting long enough. And, we do not want to be waiting too long for a response from WB because it will impact the performance on other network resource modules.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Guys,

Not receiving response from WB is completely normal: we do have a timeout for getting a response and if we do not get anything within that timeout, we consider the connection bad. If the server is busy, we might not be waiting long enough. And, we do not want to be waiting too long for a response from WB because it will impact the performance on other network resource modules.

With kind regards,

Michel

i was thinking having a line on the admin gui climate screen listing the time of "last update" would be useful.

( i've been debuging a program that turns off some lights in the morning based on time and current daylight )

Archived