Issue deleting old HL2 PLM

I have migrated from HL2 to ISY. While I planned to keep the HL2 viable for some time as a fallback, i understand that 2 plms can cause issues, so i "decommissioned" HL2 and its plm tonight. I first diasbled the HL2 plm in isy. Then shut down HL2 and unplugged its plm, then deleted its plm in ISY. ISY seemed to send the commands out and ran for a good 6 or so minutes. In watching activity lights on kpl's after thge delete completed, i was getting the sense that there may have still been links to the old plm (several flashes after button presses). The hl2 plm does not appear in isy gui, but if i check a device's links both at the isy level and the device level, i see the links to the old plm. I have calmed the symptom by plugging in the plm (not connecting it to a pc, just the ac connection).

How can i delete those (and only those) links. If i count each kpl button as a device (as the gui does), i have 129 devices, so I am very cautious in touching links.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Joe

joeria

With one device only, factory reset the device, then do a Restore Device. Now do a Show Device Links Table to see if references to the HL2 PLM are gone. The ISY was likely not aware of the links in the HL2 PLM because of the varying memory configurations that can exist in PLMs. Deleting the HL2 PLM did not cause the ISY to remove links in other devices because of that. Any references would have been picked up I assume by keeping existing links when the devices were added to the ISY.

If the Restore Device does not resolve the situation the only way I know to remove those erroneous links is to delete the device from the ISY and add it back using Remove Existing Links. That will be painful because all Scene and Program references will have to be rebuilt.

Lee

joeria

Sorry for not posting sooner, the forum has been out to lunch. Not sure if this will work but it might be easier than deleting all the devices. Add the HL2 PLM back using the Remove Existing Links option. Define an ISY Scene with a simple device such as a SwitchLinc as the Controller and the HL2 PLM as the Responder. Then delete the Scene. This may remove the link back to the HL2 PLM when the Scene is deleted. A Show Device Links Table can be used to determine if this process works. If it does work each button on a KeypadLinc will have to be a Controller in a Scene with the HL2 PLM as a Responder. Under HL2 each KPL button had a link back to the HL2 PLM so that HL2 would be aware of a button press.

Lee

Archived