Insteon KPL triggering Elk rules

Morris Hansen

Is it possible to have a secondary KPL button send something to the Elk to trigger a rule? I think it would be helpful to have a Insteon device/button/event be able to trigger something in the Elk.

For example:

Based on a Fast On or a KPL button, trigger the Elk to start the lawn sprinkler or execute a task in Elk.

If this is not possible today, one possible way to do this is create a phantom insteon device maybe on the PLC. The KPL could control this device or the ISY could control is via programs. The Elk would then monitor this device and execute rules based on this phantom device changing state.

It would require the Elk to be in sync realtime with the various devices.

I think that would be great. I'm hoping to get my Elk going sometime soon, and would love a capability like that.

Is there anything documented stating clearly what the current Elk integration can and cannot do? Are many people using this?

Cant you have a KPL button send out an X-10 command? Then have an ELK rule triggered by that X-10 command? All of my PLM's are dead so I cant test this but I think it would be fairly easy.

mohansen,

Currently, that's not possible but we are working ELK to come up with a more integrated solution.

With kind regards,

Michel

Is it possible to have a secondary KPL button send something to the Elk to trigger a rule? I think it would be helpful to have a Insteon device/button/event be able to trigger something in the Elk.

For example:

Based on a Fast On or a KPL button, trigger the Elk to start the lawn sprinkler or execute a task in Elk.

If this is not possible today, one possible way to do this is create a phantom insteon device maybe on the PLC. The KPL could control this device or the ISY could control is via programs. The Elk would then monitor this device and execute rules based on this phantom device changing state.

It would require the Elk to be in sync realtime with the various devices.

Archived