2420M Motion Sensor Prog. Question (from a newbie)

ericdhvac

I'm hoping to get a little help on the 2420M motion sensor/ ISY programming. I currently have my hall bathroom light programmed to dim to 15% at 12am until 6am same day repeating this command every 5min., this works fine.

Now I'm trying to add a motion sensor that will bring on the lights (80%) ONLY from 6:01am until 11:59pm same day upon det of motion.

I wrote program independent of the night 15% program to do this but when someone enters the room at say 2am the sensor still brings on the lights to 80% which is rather blinding.

My question is how do you program the sensor/ ISY to disregard motion during specific times?

This is what I have:

If: From 6:01am to 11:59pm Same Day

Then: Set "Main Bathroom Motion Sensor" On

Else: Set "main Bathroom Motion Sensor" Off

Thanks,

Eric

This Program will turn On LampLinc to 80% when motion is sensed and it is between 6:01 AM and 12:59 PM.

If

From 6:01:00AM

To 12:59:00PM (same day)

And Control 'MotionSensor3-Sensor' is switched On

Then

Set 'LampLinc 6' 80%

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

There is nothing in this process to turn the LampLinc Off.

My question is how do you program the sensor/ ISY to disregard motion during specific times?

This is what I have:

If: From 6:01am to 11:59pm Same Day

Then: Set "Main Bathroom Motion Sensor" On

Else: Set "main Bathroom Motion Sensor" Off

Hello ericdhvac,

It sounds like your ms is linked directly to your bathroom light switch (SL?). If that is not the case then LeeG’s suggestion is the way to go. If however your ms is directly linked to the switchlink then the direct answer to your question is that you cannot program the sensor/ISY to disregard motion during specific times.

However you can use a feature in the ISY called "Scene Adjust" in programs in which you can program the ISY to change the on/off levels of the ISY/Switchlink when motion is detected.

For instance:

If
       From    12:00:00AM
       To       6:00:00AM (same day) 
Then
       In Scene 'Bathroom Light' Set 'Bathroom Light' 15% (On Level)         
Else
       In Scene 'Bathroom Light' Set 'Bathroom Light' 100% (On Level)

At 12AM this program will become true and run the “then†and adjust your light to turn on at 15% when the ms detects motion. At 6:00:01AM this program will become false and run the “else†which will adjust your lights to turn on to 80% with the ms. The effect will be from 12am to 6am when the ms detects motion the light will turn on to 15%, any other time outside of those hours the light will turn on to 80% when motion is detected. While the local on/off levels (local meaning when you physically turn the switch on) will be whatever it is set to. In other words the local on level is still independent of the levels the ms is set to.

I am a little unclear about this statement

“I currently have my hall bathroom light programmed to dim to 15% at 12am until 6am same day repeating this command every 5min., this works fine.†

But it sounds like you will not need this program any longer (which should free up some resources as well as cut down on powerline transmission).

Tim

Thanks Lee and Tim, the ms is linked directly to sl, I like both thoughts on prog. I will first try Lee's sugestion until I get a receptical and night light in the hallway. Tim, the part you were unclear about: I have the bathroom light dim to 15% to act as a nightlite for the hallway while giving enough light to use the bathroom without bringing up the lights....but if someone turns them off or as my mother in law tends to do....leave them on 100% and go back to bed, after 5min it's commanded to go back to 15%. I don't care for the fact that I have two seperate prog. running for one device but for now this will do, I do appreciate the quick replies and help this forum offers, I hope I can pick up and hold on to some of the expertise here.

Thanks again.

ericdhvac

With the motion sensor linked to the hall light you want to follow Tim's suggestion to use Adjust Scene function to change the hall light responder On Level. There is no way to suspend a Scene where the motion sensor is linked to the hall light. The approach is to change the Scene responder On Level based on time of day as Tim's example does.

If you would delete the Scene such that the motion sensor no longer directly controls the hall light then my initial post example will work.

Lee

Archived