Morninglinc stopped working!

mitch236

I have a Morninglinc and it was working fine until about a few weeks ago when I changed out my PLM. I think I followed the correct procedure when I replaced the PLM and everything else works on my network. This morning, I tried removing the existing Morninglinc and then added it back in. The Admin panel found the new device but even after that, it still won't work. It controls the lock if I use the button on the Morninlinc but doesn't recieve commands from the ISY. If I query it, I get a normal response. Restoring Device appears to work too but again, no change in status when commanded from the Admin panel.

Any thoughts?

Afraid so. The MorningLinc is linked to the lock set using Set button linking. The ISY cannot do that because of the security between the MorningLinc and the lock set. Then the MorningLinc is added to the ISY, using the "keep existing links" option to prevent destroying the Set button link between the MorningLinc and the lock set.

Wiki indicates the ISY cannot control the MorningLinc/lock set if the Set button link is deleted.

The Wiki does not specifically state the solution but I would assume the MorningLinc has to be linked to the lock set again using the Set button. Delete the MorningLinc from the ISY before doing the Set button link as Delete erases the MorningLinc link database. After the manual Set button link, add the MorningLinc to the ISY using the "keep existing links" option.

I understand what you are saying but I think my problem is a little different. The Morninlinc device can control the lock when I push the set button momentarily. The status LED changes and the lock responds. When I try to control the Morninglinc from my control panel, however, nothing on the Morninglinc responds. Now when I query the device, nothing happens. Therefore, I believe the lock responds properly to the Morninglinc, but the Morninglinc doesn't respond to the ISY.

Archived