Release 3.1.7 (Beta) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

The update to the new dual band Keypadlinc (relay) from the old keypadlinc (dimmer) was even more difficult and time consuming than I had imagined.

Is there an issue in 3.1.6 where it fails to show updates properly? Or has something else possibly occurred in my recent upgrade to that ISY version that has issues?

I encountered issues with deleting the old Keypadlinc, renaming, adding new lincs in scenes etc. None of these showed that they were updating, or that they had finished updating.

I found I had to exit out of the ISY program and restart it before the updates were properly posted?

It took me a while to figure out that the updates were actually happening since there was no visual feedback that they were . I got to watching the ISY LEDS to judge when updates might be done so that I did not have to exit and reenter after each change! then after all my changes were done I exited and re-entered and now all were shown as updated!

I did finally get everything up and running again after all my program changes were also made.

Can you please tell me if there are known status update issues in 3.1.6 or what else might be in correct in my setup?

I now have RED Exclamation points by all the Remote linc keys. How do I correct these? I tried putting the remote in linc mode and writing updates but that did not work?

Michael

When u change it in the configuration as previosly stated the admin screen disappears and puts an admin login box on top of the blank browser

Tried to reproduce this today, but can't achieve it. guess my computer was having a bad day that day or something.

Also when lights are getting turned off the isy isn't getting the updated state. My bedroom light has been off for 20 minutes and it still shows in the isy as on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlebel, you should. Please make sure you are using the latest UI.

ELAAre you on 3.1.6 or 3.1.7? 3.1.6 did have some anomalies and intermittent communications which 3.1.7 should have fixed (see below my response to polexian). I truly apologize and I know how frustrating it could be to have to spend time on something that should be so simple (such as adding a replace function for dimmerrelays). As far as RLs with !, if ISY can indeed communicate with them, all you have to do is to press RL buttons and see if the status gets updated.

polexian IR issue, we cannot reproduce either. It might be intermittent. Status updates: this should have been fixed from 3.1.6 to 3.1.7. As much information you can provide it would be appreciated.

With kind regards,

Thanks Michel,

I am running 3.1.6. I just upgraded a couple of weeks ago in order to get support for the new 2487S I was installing.

I prefer not to have to upgrade without good reason but it looks like I probably should upgrade to 3.1.7 now.

I had my remotelinc in the linking mode during scene rebuilds that included it but yet I ended up with an Exclamation point on all references to it.

I was doing some searching today and maybe the battery is low? The blinking LED was bright so I did not think to check. I will check that tonight.

rlebel, you should. Please make sure you are using the latest UI.

Cleared the Java cache and turned off caching, used the universal-devices/3.1.7 applet. Right click on any of my 3 linked 2420Ms and do not get an option to replace. Right click on a KPL and I get "Replace xxx KPL with" and a list of possible replacement devices.

Hello ELA,

I would hold off for 3.1.8 which should be out within a day or two and is much more stable. As far as RL, battery is an explanation but I do not think it's the cause since you got it to go to programming mode without it complaining. Obviously, you are the master of signal issues: was it close to an Access Point?

Hello polexian,

Thanks so very much ... good thing that at least the IR is working. One question with regards to status: did your ISY's IP address change (after the upgrade) AND do you have a firewall which might have had the old ISY's IP address in the white list but not the new one?

Hello rlebel,

That's quite strange! Are they all reported as 2420M?

Has anyone else out there has the same issue?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello ELA,

I would hold off for 3.1.8 which should be out within a day or two and is much more stable. As far as RL, battery is an explanation but I do not think it's the cause since you got it to go to programming mode without it complaining. Obviously, you are the master of signal issues: was it close to an Access Point?

With kind regards,

Michel

Thank you for the kind words Michel but I am still just a "grasshopper" in the Insteon world.

The Exclamation points magically disappeared on their own when I logged on last night to investigate! I went to rename an existing function and had to exit and reenter in order for the name change to update once again. 3.1.6 seems very questionable.

I will update to 3.1.8.