Linking RemoteLinc & 6bn Dimmer to the ISY-99

jblackst5000

When linking a RemoteLinc and a 6button DimmerLinc to the ISY-99, do I need to put those devices in the linking mode while I add them using the ISY-99 Admin Console? I tried adding the 6 Button KeyPadLinc by using the "add new device" pull down in admin console and entering the device address and it seems to work alright. Since the RemoteLinc is a battery powered device, can I use the "add RemoteLinc" feature in the admin console to add the RemoteLinc as well.

Thank You,

Jim Blackston

jblackst5000

Correct on both devices. The KeypadLinc could have been added using Start Linking. New INSTEON Device is a valid way of adding most Insteon devices. The RemoteLinc is one of the few devices that have a method specific to that device type. The Link a RemoteLinc prompts for the device to be put into linking mode and then displays the New INSTEON Device popup with the RemoteLinc device type already selected. For most devices leaving the Device Type set to Auto Discover is the preferred choice since the ISY will determine the device type and device firmware level. A few devices, of which the RemoteLinc is one, must have the Device Type field specify the actual device type.

Lee

Archived