I/O Linc and garage door

raydoc

I have now changed over from X10 to Inseton. I used to have a Powerflash and Universal module set up in the garage to monitor the door state (up/down) and trigger the door closer (and beep when it did). Now with Insteon I have the I/O link and switch from Smarthome. All is hooked up and what functionality I'd love would be to have the ISY know if the door is up or down and if it is up at a certain time, put it down. What I noticed was that the I/O link didn't have a momentary closed relay like the X10 setup so you have to tell it to turn 'on' and then 'off' again in order to be able to trigger the door again.

So, how do I do this via the ISY? I have figured out that there is no module that sounds a beep like the old universal module did so I'll have to come up with some other noise maker to warn that the door is closing.

So recap, at a given time I need to know if the door is up or down and if it is up I need to trigger the door closer to close.

I set the I/O link to momentary relay without problems.

I made a program that runs daily at 11PM. If the sensor state = door up then the I/O link will be triggered to close the door. Do I need an 'else? The only else would be the door is already down and in that instance the sensor will=on and nothing should happen, right? i know that the I/O link can make sound but can I control that sound as a warning that the door is about to close? On the old X10 Universal Module there was a real sounder that beeped prior to the door coming down.

Yes the UM506 does have a beeper that could be triggered when the relay was turned On.

I don't believe you can do that with a IOLinc.

You may have to trigger an external beeper. Maybe with another Insteon module or trigger it off the closing signal from the IOLinc.

When you send the Insteon On signal to the I/OLinc from ISY. You can also two lines of code to send the X10 On signal to the UM506. Then the beeper will sound.

Like in the morning when my lights are turned on.

I send an X10 On command to my chime module to sound a reminder to get up. I send the X10 On code then added a 2 second pause to allow the X10 signals to complete. Then the Insteon command to light the lights is sent.

Archived