X10 does not send a strong enough signal from PLM

easytim

I have programmed the ISY-99 to turn off and on several X10 modules but only 1/2 of them get the signal from the 2413S to the X10 modules.

I have repeated the E5 (off) signal seven times, with no luck. Repeating the signal doesn't do it, I know the signal is being sent, I can see the LED light flash on the 2413S when its being sent

Is there something I can make this work ? I have two 2443 access points plugged in close by. I'm very new at using the ISY-99 and Insteon

Everything turns on and off just fine using my X10 Ocelot Controller, is there something I'm not doing right?

No, its not in the same outlet. I want to put the 2413S PLM close to the fuse panel downstairs where the Ocelot is. But I will need to use a 15ft CAT5 cable coming from my router to Port A on the ISY to do this. Is a 15ft CAT5 cable at that length too long? I will also try unpluging the Ocelot and to see if that helps it.

You may have some power line noise makers, signal absorbers or phase coupling issues.

The Ocelots higher signal strength maybe strong enough to over come this and the 2413S is not.

Do you have any X10 phase couplers in the system?

The 2443 Access Points and all Insteon modules do not resend X10 signals.

Do you have any filters on the computer or UPS units you may have.

The 2413S should not be on a filtered surge strip.

Also Insteon modules being two way also absorb X10 and Insteon signals. Insteon gets resent X10 does not.

Many have seen X10 get more problematic as Insteon devices are added to the system.

Archived