Release 3.1.10 (Beta) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Modest bug (I think).

If you remove a device from the ISY and then re-add the same device back in, programs that reference the device in conditions will again show it (under the newly re-added name). I'm guessing this is because the ISY is indexing the device by it's hardware address, so when it reappears, programs are once again able to access it.

However, the device doesn't actually trigger the programs any longer. IOW the programs show the device in the conditions and to all appearances are proper, but they don't actually work.

If you then go in and manually change the device in the programs to anything else, and then change it back to that device, the ISY seems to 'hook' it back and the program then triggers as it should.

I haven't done much testing on this, but that seems to be what happens.

Ok, went well as usual except for one thing. Why do I always loose the connnection with my thermostat (2441v V.91)? It now requires that I physically be there to re-link the device. This issue is a real hassel for anyone that wants to perform any updates remotely. So now I can't control it until I return home in a few weeks. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this on further updates?

Thanks

Why now? Came home after a late flight and my house was cold and dark. I discovered my ISY locked up during the day.

I had an alarm set to trigger the home heating plus add outdoor lighting to welcome us home. But the system failed miserably this trip. My lights wouldn't come on even when my garage door opened. I checked my ISY, could not log onto the Admin Console and only the one green led was on. Does anyone know what this means? Do error logs give any hint on what may have happened? Hopefully, it's not related to this firmware and maybe a power hiccup or something else.

I unplugged the ISY for 10 seconds then powered back up. Still, only one green led stayed on but things are working normal now. I can also log into the ISY. The experience has been just another (one) Home Automation disappointment.

Hi ergodic,

We will look into it.

bocarray,

Are these the new thermostat dongles?

sanders2222,

I am so very sorry to hear. Yes, please do send your Error Log to support@universal-devices.com. It would be great if you could let us know the last time you tried to communicate with ISY and could not.

With kind regards,

Michel

No email from SmartHome. I checked email address and sent an email to thier customer service today.

Don't know if they respond. Emails appear to have been going out since Feb. and I have not received one.

Anyone know who to contact directly at SmartHome?

There where issues with the V2 thermostat adapter with communication issues.

Did Smarthome send you an email offering a swap to the latest firmware with the fix in it?

I have a v2.0 adapter and don't seem to have the communication/lockup issues everyone is reporting.

Just curious what the communication issues are and with what version.

According to the Help About page, I am using firmware version 3.1.11 on my ISY.

After repeatedly clearing the java cache and attempting to run the 3.1.10 applet, I still end up with the same results. No login screen ever appears. How do I collect the relevant trace info to determine root cause here? This is simply not a case of user error, from my perspective.

The source of a lot of issues related to upgrades seem to revolve around clearing a cache. Is there a way to automate that process, and eliminate this possibility as the contributor of issues identified? This alone would seem to contribute to a lot of unnessary calls.

Received a response to my email from SmartHome and they said that they are sending replacements out in batches and would add me to thier list.

Nice customer service, I must say.

I just requested my replacement. My guess is they update units as they come back and ship them out to different customers. The downside of non-field reprogrammable hardware.

Daylight saving time change. This program did not run this morning:

If
       From    Sunrise - 29 minutes
       To      Sunset  + 29 minutes (same day)
   And Program 'Away Flag' is False
   And Program 'Keypads are Dim' is True

Then
       Run Program 'Backlight level Bright' (Then Path)

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Program last run time and last finish time fields were blank, as were most of my other programs as well. It was not a reboot as my system status start-up info shows last restart last month (with install of 3.1.10).

I cannot say whether any of my programs missed running today, at least not that I noticed. However I can confirm that I too have many Last Run times and Last Finished time slots empty which were populated yesterday. My last ISY reboot was on Friday. Just checked the Program Summary tab and found the oldest Last Run time was at 1:15AM this morning which was the query program.

The time change seems to reset all the status fields. The logs show activity up to and after the query, no data loss there.

Seems Like we had this occur last time change as well.

Thanks,

Tim

Hello everyone,

If the difference in change in time is more than a few minutes, ISY clears all run times and starts fresh. So, this is normal.

What's not normal is if any of your programs using Sunrise/Sunset did not work. If that's the case:

1. Please make sure your programs are not in a folder with conditions

2. Please copy/paste (right mouse click | copy to clipboard) the program and send it to support@universal-devices.com

With kind regards,

Michel