Create then Apply

snownh2o2

4 quick questions:

1) Is there a way to create programs, create scenes, change names, ...., without sending the updates to the system immediately. It seems that I spend more time waiting for the system busy status to clear, than I spend time actually accomplishing anything. It would be nice to send everything at one shot at when I have made all my changes. Example: It takes 5 minutes to change the names of all 5 buttons on a controlLinc.

2) Can programing, scene creation, name changes, ..., be done when not logged into the ISY? This would really make the most of waiting rooms with no WIFI.

3) Though I am ashamed to let anyone know that I own one, is there a way to write programs, make scenes, ..., with an iPad?

4) A while back I recall another interface (I think made by UD) posted on the forum to access the ISY. I can't recall/find the name of it. Can someone refer me to those post and give a quick summary of it.

Thanks,

Matt

PS...I did spend some time searching the forums for this info with no luck, so I apoligize in advance if I missed it. Thanks again.

Hello snownh2o2,

My comments below.

With kind regards,

Michel

4 quick questions:

1) Is there a way to create programs, create scenes, change names, ...., without sending the updates to the system immediately. It seems that I spend more time waiting for the system busy status to clear, than I spend time actually accomplishing anything. It would be nice to send everything at one shot at when I have made all my changes. Example: It takes 5 minutes to change the names of all 5 buttons on a controlLinc.

For programs, you can already do all your programming before clicking the save button. For scenes and other INSTEON related activity, if you have the PRO version, you can use the Batch (automatic write) button which allows you to batch everything and then click that button for all changes to be written at the same time. You can upgrade to PRO by going to Help | Purchase Modules ($30.00).

2) Can programing, scene creation, name changes, ..., be done when not logged into the ISY? This would really make the most of waiting rooms with no WIFI.

No, unfortunately not from the Admin Console.

3) Though I am ashamed to let anyone know that I own one, is there a way to write programs, make scenes, ..., with an iPad?

Polexian is right on OR, this would be a better question for MobiLinc or eKeypad developers

4) A while back I recall another interface (I think made by UD) posted on the forum to access the ISY. I can't recall/find the name of it. Can someone refer me to those post and give a quick summary of it.

There's the dashboard (viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6195) but nothing else that I can remember.

Thanks,

Matt

PS...I did spend some time searching the forums for this info with no luck, so I apoligize in advance if I missed it. Thanks again.

Archived