new thermostat adapter from smarthome

dougos2

dougos2,

This is already supported in ISY2.6. Please note that due to the limitations of this thermostat device, you will have to poll its status frequently (using programs). Furthermore, you cannot link this device to any other switch simply because we do not have the specifications. As more documentation becomes available, we'll add more functionality.

With kind regards,

Michel

Smarthome just announced a new insteon thermostat adapter. Are you guys planning on supporting it ? Thanks.
This is already supported in ISY2.6. Please note that due to the limitations of this thermostat device, you will have to poll its status frequently (using programs). Furthermore, you cannot link this device to any other switch simply because we do not have the specifications. As more documentation becomes available, we'll add more functionality.

Michel -

Are you planning on adding program support for the thermostat in your next firmware release?

Hi Mike,

It's in our plans but due to all the problems we've been having with the new KPLs, we are going to have to test and verify the specifications thoroughly before releasing it.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel -

Are you planning on adding program support for the thermostat in your next firmware release?

DeGoodrich,

I do not recommend doing anything which might sabotage your working system. Currently we have the following issues:

1. Under heavy programming, KPLs die

2. You may be able to turn on/off buttons but no INSTEON signal is either sent or received

3. Sometimes, they are linked as LampLincs

With kind regards,

Michel

What problems are there with the new KPL's?

I have 2 KPL's. 1 v1.5 and 1 v1.6.

I have not had any probelms.

I don't even know what the differences are.

Archived