Feature Suggestion - Views

matapan

Some suggestions on features for Mobilinc:

- Views: While it is nice to have your Insteon network segregated by devices, scenes, and thermostats, this organization mimics more of the physical view of the network, and not the logical view most end users view daily. Views are a way to organize your network logically, the way a user wants to view their system.

Example:

Home

1st Floor

Living Room

Table Lamp

Overhead lights

Curtains

Occupancy Sensor

Temperature

In Use - Prime Time Scene

Not in Use Scene

Vacation Scene

2nd Floor

etc.

Views can be set up to hide certain details as necessary. In the previous example, most people would not care about the three scenes explicitly specified because they are probably used in programs and are not direct user-accessible ones.

Instead of having long lists where devices and scenes are segregated, views enable logical groupings of devices and scenes for maxiumum user utilization.

Hi metapan,

With the ISY you can create folders on the ISY and drop your scenes and devices directly into these folders creating the kind of views you've outlined here. Resync MobiLinc with your ISY and now these folders or views appear under My Devices or My Scenes.

Does this help or is there another view feature you are suggesting?

Wes

Not sure what you're referring to here. Are you talking about creating folders in the Admin UI under the Main tab? If so, how do you do that?

I am aware of the capability of creating folders in the Programs tab. But programs go into the folders, not devices or scenes, as far as I know.

Thanks. Perhaps there's an existing feature in ISY I'm unaware of.

Archived