Need help configuring ISY to ECM-1240

Guest w1cked

Hi

I just received a ecm-1240 with the Etherbee gateway. I have hooked it up to my electrical panel.

I know the IP for the Etherbee for it is in my DHCP table

On the ISY i have enabled the module and entered the IP address for the server and port 8083

My question is there any configuring on the ECM-1240 that i have to do and also

i see a tab on the ISY for Zigbee configuration. Where do i find this information.

Thanks

Jorge

I have been able to communicate with the ECM using Brultech ECM IA with no problem but still can't get the ISY to communicate to the ECM

I did set the ECM to server mode and also tried the mixed mode with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am running version 3.1.10

Hi Michel

This is what i have for the server address http://192.168.11.220:8083

right next to the address i have a box that says status with the following information

Flex Your Power: Not Active

Base Price: $0.00

Current Price: $0.00

Voltage, All Channels: 0 V

I did change the port using the etherX software to test it with Brultech IA on a computer just to make sure the ECM was transmitting information

Jorge

Hello Jorge,

Are you sure that Etherbee is configured as a server? You cannot have it configured as client (reporting to a server). Also, as I mentioned before, the port you are using is used for client configuration. The server port is 50000.

And, finally, please go to Event Viewer on the last level and let me know if you see any status reports (i.e. connecting to ... etc.).

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel

I will double check the settings of the ether bee but i am pretty sure. Now on the port 50000 is this something that i can change?

Another question is on the electricity module page there is a Brlutech ECM1240 and a Zigbee Brultech ECM 1240 which one should be picked.

I am sorry to ask all these questions but there is no real how to set up page anywhere.

Jorge

PS I have the Zibee picked and changed to port 50000 and now lost the status box next to the server address.

Michel

I just checked the port and the server setting. The Etherbee is set to server and i changed it to port 50000 and i am still not seeing any information

come across.

I also opened the event viewer and have not seen anything there.

To make sure i am doing this right, on the etherX software it finds the ether bee adapter where i set its static ip and subnet and default gateway.

i also set the server ip as the isy ip with port 50000

and then i go to the isy and pick zigbee brultech and set server http:ip for zigbee :50000

Jorge

Hello Jorge,

Do you have ISY99 or ISY994? If 99, then you cannot use Zigbee since 99 does not have a Zigbee Radio.

You will have to use ECM1240, change the polling interval to 10 seconds (so that you can see status updates on the Event Viewer) and then make sure your Etherbee is in server mode.

If you are still having problems, please send an email to support@universal-devices.com and let's schedule a time when we can log in to your computer.

We did get your voicemail and unfortunately it has been quite hectic.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel

I finally got the ecm to talk to the isy. It was the port on the ether bee not set correctly.

There are two places to set ports on the EtherX software and one of them is next to the server setting which was the one that i was setting to 50000 but the one that needs to be changed is right next to the IP address for the ether bee set up page.

Here is a screen shot of the EtherX software. Hope this helps someone someday.

image001.png

Thanks for all your help and now off to integrate the ELK system

Archived