Network settings if I change Internet Providers

jblackst5000

Hi,

I am fairly new to using the ISY-99. I have been thinking about changing internet providers from At&T Uverse to Time Warner Cable Roadrunner. My question is it just a matter of changing the Network Settings tab under configuration (IP address, Subset Mask, Gateway and DNS to the new settings provided by Time Warner. Also should I use the Automatic DHCP function. I am hoping that all of the individual I am hoping that all of the individual device addresses under my lighting will not need to be changed.

Thanks so much for all the help I have received on this forum and as a newbie I am getting pretty comfortable adding devices and writing simple programs.

Thanks again,

Jim

Hi Jim,

As long as ISY is set to DHCP, then changing ISP providers and even routers should be completely transparent. If you have setup a static IP address for ISY, then, before changing your router you have to make sure that you set it back to DHCP, change your router, then access ISY again and change it back to the static IP address of your own choosing.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived