Program flow question

wwat

Hi,

I have two programs, one that turns the humidifier on and the other turns it off. For some reason the program that turns it on runs more often than the other despite certain criteria which should prevent this. The idea is that once the humidifier is on, and only once it reaches a certain humidity percentage will it turn off. Only once its off

should it turn on. Can anyone see how the 'On' program might run more often and the 'Off' program.

There are two variables that keep track of the number of times that each program runs and at the end of each 'Off' cycle the count is checked and an email alert sent if there is a difference.

Thanks,

Wayne

[Humidifier On]

If
       Status  'Venstar House' < 37% (Humidity)
   And (
            Status  'Living Room / Living Rm KPL - Track Light / Humidity Control' is On
         Or Control 'Living Room / Living Rm KPL - Track Light / Humidity Control' is switched On
       )
   And Status  'Furnace Room / Humidifier-Sensor / Humidifier-Relay' is Off

Then
       $Int_Humidity_On_Count += 1
       $Int_HumidifierFanStatus  = 1
       $State_HumidifierWHOverride  = 1
       Run Program 'Humidifier Fan On Control' (If)
       Set 'Furnace Room / Humidifier-Sensor / Humidifier-Relay' On

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Run Program Override (Then Path) - removed this line temporarily

[Humidifier Off]

If
       Status  'Venstar House / House - Fan' is On
   And (
            Status  'Venstar House' > 39% (Humidity)
         Or Status  'Living Room / Living Rm KPL - Track Light / Humidity Control' is Off
       )
   And $Int_HumidifierFanStatus is 1

Then
       $Int_Humidity_Off_Count += 1
       $Int_HumidifierFanStatus  = 0
       $State_HumidifierWHOverride  = 0
       Set 'Furnace Room / Humidifier-Sensor / Humidifier-Relay' Off
       Run Program 'Humidifier Fan Off Control' (If)
       Run Program 'Humidity Count Alert Wrong' (If)

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Hi Wayne,

Are you on 3.1.16? There was some sort of work done on both state and integer variables in this new beta release. There was also some work done regarding ACK's in less than ideal comm. situations.

Also, just a question. Why is the first program looking for the status of Off for the humidifier-Relay but in the second program it is looking for the variable value of the humidifier? Was this changed in an attempt to get to the root of the problem? I was just curious.

Thanks,

Tim

Thank you for the replies. I'm currently on version 3.1.14 so I'll upgrade and keep an eye on it.

Tim said:

Also, just a question. Why is the first program looking for the status of Off for the humidifier-Relay but in the second program it is looking for the variable value of the humidifier? Was this changed in an attempt to get to the root of the problem? I was just curious.

Indeed it was a left over from an attempt at troubleshooting the issue, sorry for the confusing code. In theory it shouldn't matter, the program should still work as intended, lets see how 3.1.16 goes. Appreciate your help, all the best for the new year.

-Wayne.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived