Turn LEDs on Keypadlinc off?

propman07

Hi-

I've got a 6 button KPL in the master bedroom at my house. It is a controller for an in line relay module that controls the power to the overhead ceiling fan. At night, I usually run the fan, but turn the light off using the fan's remote control. I am using the program below in an attempt to turn off the LEDs on the KPL (Wife says that they are too bright). The program seems to work, but when the fan is on, the ON button on the KPL is illuminated. Is there any way to fix this? Here is what I'm trying to achieve:

If the hour is between 8:00 pm and 8:00 am the next day, turn the brightness off on the KPLs buttons.

Here's the program: Thanks for any suggestions.

If
       From     8:00:00PM
       To       8:00:00AM (next day)

Then
       Wait  3 seconds
       Set 'Hardware / Master Bedroom Switch' On  0 / Off 0 (Backlight Level)

Else
       Wait  3 seconds
       Set 'Hardware / Master Bedroom Switch' On 12 / Off 2 (Backlight Level)

Leeg-

Firmware: (2486S/WH6) KeypadLinc Relay v.36

In the admin console, I have the brightness for the LED set as ON: 12, OFF: 2. The LEDs function the way that I would expect, but I just would like to turn off the LED between the hours that I described.

Thanks.

use the Admin Console to set the values to 0/0 to match what you are trying to do with the Program. When I set a KeypadLinc Relay at v.36 the background LEDs are as low as they can go. The ON level cannot be turned Off as there would be no indication which Scenes (buttons) are On.

If the Admin Console 0/0 sets the background ON level to an acceptable level then the Program will have to be looked at. Perhaps a Save Changes was missed, the Program is not Enabled, etc. The Programs | Summary tab will show the last time the Program was triggered and what its Status is/was (True/False).

I have a solution for you bro. Just trying to accomplish the same thing. I think this should work for you just fine:

Create another scene called LED Button Update. Set the keypad link button for your fan as a responder to that scene. Setup a timer to turn off the LED Button Update Scene about the time you go to bed. As long as the fan is already on an running before you go to bed then the keypad link button will turn off but fan will still run since it's not part of the LED Button Update scene.

rmlinnovator-

Thanks for the reply. I will give that a try, and see how it works. I think that my Wife may be getting used to the keypad at 0 (dimly lit) because she hasn't asked about it in the past couple of days. The other thing that I may do is take the keys off, and put some window tint on the inside of the on/of keys. I had to do that with the AC display that we had that was too bright.

Thanks again.

Archived