Like Verizon Black Hole, but this time with Comcast

sanders2222

I saw a recent post http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8121 were someone could not log on remotely to the Admin Console. I am experiencing the same problem from my laptop.

This is a new laptop and the first time I am trying to connect remotely with the browser. I use this computer at home and have no problems accessing the Console running the Java applet.

I accepted the certificate and cleared the Java cache but can't get past the spinning Java screen. I haven't seen this issue before. Do I need to install something on my laptop to make it work?

Edit: I found I can access ISY-C-99 platform and control my Devices/Scenes/Programs and all the modules, but I am unable to get into the Admin Console. Not sure this Java error describes my problem, but this came up when I got home and tried to log onto the Console. My first attempt to logon failed. Then I cleared the cache and the Admin Console came up fine using the Java Applet. These details did pop up though.

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30

Using JRE version 1.6.0_30-b12 Java HotSpot Client VM

User home directory = C:\Users\Jim

----------------------------------------------------

c: clear console window

f: finalize objects on finalization queue

g: garbage collect

h: display this help message

l: dump classloader list

m: print memory usage

o: trigger logging

q: hide console

r: reload policy configuration

s: dump system and deployment properties

t: dump thread list

v: dump thread stack

x: clear classloader cache

0-5: set trace level to

----------------------------------------------------

load: class com.universaldevices.client.ui.UDClientApplet.class not found.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.universaldevices.client.ui.UDClientApplet.class

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.universaldevices.client.ui.UDClientApplet.class

Quit

Thanks for getting back to me Michel. I'm thinking there is something with this new laptop that is blocking Java from working in the Browser. These links work on my desktop, although I'm connected at home to my network. However, I can't get the Console up on my laptop remotely or here at home. But the Java applet works on the laptop here at home. A puzzlement!

I'll look into this a little more tomorrow.

Archived