Venstar Thermostat Locked up after Power Failure

MuchHat

Hello,

I run into the following problem that I cannot fix : we had a 5 min power failure last night causing the Venstar thermostat to get in an unusuall state. The green Insteon LED is ON all the time and the thermostat does not communicate with ISY anymore. Normally the Insteon LED on the thermostat is OFF and will blink during linking.

I tried the factory reset for the thermostat few times also tried to power cycle it few times.

I also tried the factory reset procedure described in the Insteon adapter for the thermostat : that is hold the set button, remove power, keep hoding, restore power, wait 3 secs, let go the set button.

None of the above helped. The LED is ON all the time and ISY cannot communicate with it.

This is a Venstar with an integrated Insteon RF.

The thermostat works fine : menus, controlling the furnance, if I operate it locally.

Looks like the little RF board responsible for Insteon communication might be in a bad state after the power failure.

Is there another way to reset the Insteon communication board OR does it get reset when the Vanguard thermostat is factory reset?

Anybody seen something similar?

The label inside shows version 2.2

MuchHat

I have a similar issue. Did this resolve your problem? I cannot get accurate temperature readings from my Venstar w/ integrated Insteon interface. It keeps showing 126 F on the ISY (even though I use Celsius). I cannot change the mode with the ISY, but I can control everything perfectly from the keypad on the thermostat.

Archived