ISY-99i, Vista 20P Panel, X10 - to activate Insteon Scenes

AZAutomation

I’m sure someone has already successfully accomplished this, but I’m not sure the best way to approach the task. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have a self installed Honeywell Vista 20P / ISY-99i / and 100% Insteon environment. I was thinking of adding a X10 transformer (1361X10) to the Vista Panel to send X10 signals to accomplish a few simple task.

1. When disarmed during late hours activate “welcome home†seen (Insteon).

2. When alarm goes off (siren) activate “panic†seen (Insteon).

I’m not sure the best way to accomplish this since I have no experience with X10 devices, and am very novice on the Vista 20P panel.

Can someone give me some pointers or alternative methods to accomplish this? I don’t have $800 to buy an ELK alarm panel.

Thanks in advance . . .

I have done it with a vista 40. Had the x10 transformer already in use from when I used x10. I have since used it with the isy for arming and disarming.

As long as you have good communication between the panel transformer and the isy you will be fine. In my case I had given away my coupler/repeater so I had to move circuits around to keep them both on the same leg.

The other option is that you could add the relay module to the panel and one of the simplehomenet modules which would allow you to keep everything insteon.

Using x10 with the panel has worked out fine for me. However, if I had not already had the x10 capability I would have probably gone the relay route. Either way, you will either have to get into the setup for the vista 20 and make the programming changes for the x10 codes, or the relay activity.

I'm a tad bit novice, does anyone have samples of how to make my concept work. It sounds like others have already accomplished much more then just activating scenes.

Any ISY-99i programming examples using the Vista panel to send X10 or relay signals to activate scenes or arm/disarm the system. A sample would give me an ideal of where I need to start.

Thanks for any help.

To my understanding the 2450 will only handle one input. If you want to track more than one activity ie arming, alarm, you will need something with more than one.

I will look for a vista 20 programming manual to give you some pointers, if it is like the 40 it can be a bit convoluted. All you are doing is associating a house and unit code (or relay) to different panel activities, then on the isy programming those codes to do what you will.

Not sure how much computing/programming resources you have available. But google ad2usb. It emulates a keypad and plugs into a computer

I have perl code to decode the messages the ad2usb gets and then update iSy variables on arm and zone activity

Ping me with any questions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
To my understanding the 2450 will only handle one input. If you want to track more than one activity ie arming, alarm, you will need something with more than one.

I will look for a vista 20 programming manual to give you some pointers, if it is like the 40 it can be a bit convoluted. All you are doing is associating a house and unit code (or relay) to different panel activities, then on the isy programming those codes to do what you will.

Thanks for the advice Paul,

Using an Ademco 4204 Relay Module with an I/O Linc really worked well for me - thanks for the advice.

Archived