Unable to see device but still works in scenes

deirwin

What happens when adding the device?

If the Insteon address already exists nothing happens when the device is added again.

Note that new devices appear at end of the My Lighting tree (not in collating sequence) until the Admin Console is exited and started again.

To be in a Scene it must have appeared in the My Lighting tree at one point. Anything unusual happen between when it was in the My Lighting tree and when it was not.

Thanks Lee G! It turns out that I had the ELK RP software open on another computer, which kept me from accessing ISY (at least at some level). It doesn't explain why I have not been able to see the device while it continued to work in my scene. But I was able to add device. It stopped working in the scene as soon as I added device, so I added it into scene and we're all fine.

It did not appear in the tree by name or address. I think the only thing that happened was that I updated the ISY to new firmware. I was then was having difficulty syncing the lighting with my ELK, so I re-exported everything from ISY. That's probably the time it disappeared.

Thanks again.

Archived