Insteon Light On/Off At Ramp Rate commands.

Pat525

I have a home brew controller where I make use of the Insteon's "Light On At Ramp Rate" command and find it very useful. The ISY-99i Pro is my primary controller but, unless I'm just missing it, that command doesn't seem to be implemented. My goal is to have a very slow ramp rate for normal automatic control of a room light, a quick but not instant manual on ramp rate and a manual off ramp rate somewhat slower that the fade rate. This is easily done with the "Light On/Off At Ramp Rate" commands but in the ISY-99i I am resorting to combining the fade on/off options with the use of timers to sort of achieve this result.

Any chance of having the Insteon's "Light On (and Off) At Ramp Rate" commands added?

By the way, I was thrilled to finally be allowed to use variables. Keep up the great work.

Best Regards,

Pat

Hi Pat,

Thanks so very much for the feedback. The only reason we didn't implement this feature was because of inconsistency between products. This feature was added when i2 was added but some products did respond and others did not.

We'll take a closer look. In the meantime, you could use scenes which provide you with identical functionality.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

Last time I tried multiple ramp rates via scenes, I was not able to get them to work. That was a couple of years ago and I don't remember what the problem was.

Thank you for suggesting scenes now though, as I just tried setting the various ramps that way and it all works perfectly.

Pat

Archived